Anyone else get carried away with 3d printed tool storage?

I've had the best luck with smooth PEI. I get a thicker sheet and make sure to use the 3M tape to hold it to the steel sheet. Most of them are available with the tape pre-applied. I also like to hold it down with weight overnight to let the glue on the tape set.

For really sticky filaments, the textured PEI is nice. It lets go a little easier, so plastics that don't stick as well aren't as good a choice. I do like the texture on the parts though.

My Ender (V2 Neo) must have come with a different sheet - mine *is* metal. Like I said, it worked great, for a while, but then stopped sticking. My Anycubic came with a glass bed and I eventually got a PEI sheet for it. While waiting for the PEI sheet to arrive, I discovered hairspray... I didn't want to use it before either, but now I don't print without it. It's super-insurance that you'll have enough adhesion, but still be able to get your print off the bed without resorting to a cold chisel on a demolition hammer. I'd just about guarantee that once you use it you'll be sold...

I have three printers (Ender3 V2 Neo, Anycubic Kobra Max, and Bambu X1C) with three different bed treatments and I use hairspray on all of them.

GsT

Edit: also easier, faster, and cheaper to apply than glue stick, kapton, or leprechaun boogers.

My Ender (V2 Neo) must have come with a different sheet - mine *is* metal. Like I said, it worked great, for a while, but then stopped sticking. My Anycubic came with a glass bed and I eventually got a PEI sheet for it. While waiting for the PEI sheet to arrive, I discovered hairspray... I didn't want to use it before either, but now I don't print without it. It's super-insurance that you'll have enough adhesion, but still be able to get your print off the bed without resorting to a cold chisel on a demolition hammer. I'd just about guarantee that once you use it you'll be sold...

I have three printers (Ender3 V2 Neo, Anycubic Kobra Max, and Bambu X1C) with three different bed treatments and I use hairspray on all of them.

GsT

Edit: also easier, faster, and cheaper to apply than glue stick, kapton, or leprechaun boogers.

I ruined more than a few build plate liners before I started using hair spray.

In my opinion, hair spray is a must have for printing with PETG and TPU. Especially if your using those Kapton decal type liners, like the back one a few posts back.

My Flashforge uses those, and without hair spray, they end up with the same look as that one. A giant hole in the middle.

I used to use the creality coated glass plates. Worked great until I really dialed in the z height for ABS. As i let it cool, I started hearing "crik crik" and the glass spalled right off. Seems I had my adhesion dialed in a little too well.

I ended up going to the coated metal sheets that are removable. I flip it over and print on the bare steel for abs and no more spalling issues. I just have to remember to allow the plate to fully cool before trying to lift it of the print bed (burnt fingers).

On my Bambu P1S I use both the textured and smooth plates from Bambu. I am using their PETG filament and using the factory settings and don't have any issues with adhesion on either one.

You guys are killing me with the comments on the Bambu printer... I do not want to spend that $$ now... but I am having a heck of a time printing these parts with my old printer...

Not my photos... these are the parts/adapters that I am trying to print.. iEXOS-100-2 on-axis PoleMaster adapter plate and saddle.

IMG_8126.jpg

This is what they should look like...
IMG_8114.jpg

PoleMaster_FDM_Saddle.png

PoleMaster_Mounting_Plate.png

PoleMaster_Centering_Peg.png

I just now stopped the printing of the larger of the three... it was turning into a mess...

Adapter-6.jpeg

You guys are killing me with the comments on the Bambu printer... I do not want to spend that $$ now... but I am having a heck of a time printing these parts with my old printer...

Not my photos... these are the parts/adapters that I am trying to print.. iEXOS-100-2 on-axis PoleMaster adapter plate and saddle.

View attachment 463259
This is what they should look like...
View attachment 463251
View attachment 463252
View attachment 463253
View attachment 463254

I just now stopped the printing of the larger of the three... it was turning into a mess...

View attachment 463255
Kinda looks liek you have flow issues. when was the last time you verified your nozzle flow rates?

Have you dried the filament? That looks nasty and high in water filament tends to look like that as well.
Pierre

Back