Anyone else get carried away with 3d printed tool storage?

I haven’t tried it, but can you use any slicer software to generate code for the Prusa?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know about "any," but I do know that Cura has profiles for the Prusa.

Finished the rack for the little 12v battery chainsaw.

IMG_20230928_180854343.jpg
IMG_20230928_181024436.jpg

It came out pretty decent.

Thanks to this thread, I just ordered a new Bambu Lab P1S with the AMS for color changes. I have always like the idea of being able to do different colors, but have dreaded the idea of changing filament on my old CR-10S.

I have a feeling it's going to be put to use really quick with some of these ideas.
I wanted to come back to this thread and provide a short update. All I can say is if you just want to buy a 3D printer and start printing excellent prints, I can't imagine it being any easier than this P1S with the AMS. Maybe it's what I am coming from, but literally unbox it, push the end of the filament into the loading port for each AMS slot and it just loads and works. So far I can't say enough good things about this. Their slicer is fairly simple and if you are using their filaments it's pretty much load the print, tell it what color(s), and print. Couldn't be happier with this purchase so far. We'll see how it holds up over time.

i-8XHt5rx-X2.jpg

I wanted to come back to this thread and provide a short update. All I can say is if you just want to buy a 3D printer and start printing excellent prints, I can't imagine it being any easier than this P1S with the AMS. Maybe it's what I am coming from, but literally unbox it, push the end of the filament into the loading port for each AMS slot and it just loads and works. So far I can't say enough good things about this. Their slicer is fairly simple and if you are using their filaments it's pretty much load the print, tell it what color(s), and print. Couldn't be happier with this purchase so far. We'll see how it holds up over time.

i-8XHt5rx-X2.jpg
I just bought one too. Been very skeptical. A friend has a couple in production and it they have been very durable. No problems. I can’t say enough about how easy it was to get set up and printing high quality parts. I’ve even printed mating 1.75” x 12 threads that actually screw together. Tried several brands of pla all worked fantastic.

did a nifty little er collet rack over the weekend.
IMG_5763.jpeg

I havn't decided what to put in it yet, but I designed some storage cases earlier. I test printed one to make sure the latches actually work.

The Hilbert Curves infill patter always comes out good. Kinda looks like ballistic nylon:

Case 1.png

case 2.png

Prusament Gentlemans Gray PLA and Paramount Iron Red accents and latches.

Your prints are looking awesome Ken. My prints look like crap and I am trying to figure out what is going on. It seems that I started out with some good prints but now can't get to work. They look nothing like yours.
First things first is I need a filament dryer. I am actually just watching a video about flow rates, etc. I will get it eventually.

Your prints are looking awesome Ken. My prints look like crap and I am trying to figure out what is going on. It seems that I started out with some good prints but now can't get to work. They look nothing like yours.
First things first is I need a filament dryer. I am actually just watching a video about flow rates, etc. I will get it eventually.

Odd thing is, I never use my filament dryer. Most of the PLA I'm using is over a year old, and has just been laying in a drawer. The humidity here in the Pacific Northwest isnt the dryest either.

You using Prusa slicer?

Back