Anyone else get carried away with 3d printed tool storage?

Speaking of mice: have any of you used 3D mice? They seem to be the hot setup for CAD.

View attachment 442708

https://3dconnexion.com/us/spacemouse/

I have been a long-time user of trackball mice (currently have the MX Ergo and a bunch of Logi's previous iterations); can't stand regular mice. I've been tempted to get a 3D mouse but haven't taken one for a test drive yet.

I have had my Spacemouse for a number of years now. Mine is similar to the pictured one above, but older. I wouldn't be without it. Its movement seems so natural to me.
I purchased mine on eBay for substantially less than new.

I spent the last few days running my Voron, designing and printing some wall mounts for my DeWalt lawn tools.

Folding Weed Whacker:

WeedEater Mount.jpg
Folding WeedEater.jpg

Hedge Trimmer:

1695611586042.png

I also have one for the 12" chainsaw, Cordless drill.

The cordless drill wallmount is on the printer right now.

1695611795688.png

Next up will be the one for the 12" chainsaw.

1695613979071.png

1695614106036.png

Last edited:
Is that multi material or are you filling in the color somehow after the print

Is that multi material or are you filling in the color somehow after the print
The pictures showing the actual prints show the layer change to yellow and then back to black. This would require a g-code stop to change filament on the Voron unless Ken did the Enraged Rabbit Feeder multi-material system. I don't remember if he did that or not.

The renderings apparently do not show that color change.

Thanks to this thread, I just ordered a new Bambu Lab P1S with the AMS for color changes. I have always like the idea of being able to do different colors, but have dreaded the idea of changing filament on my old CR-10S.

I have a feeling it's going to be put to use really quick with some of these ideas.

Thanks to this thread, I just ordered a new Bambu Lab P1S with the AMS for color changes. I have always like the idea of being able to do different colors, but have dreaded the idea of changing filament on my old CR-10S.

I have a feeling it's going to be put to use really quick with some of these ideas.
I have been looking at that one... I need a larger build area than what I have now... I was looking at the QIDI as well, but having the capability to do multiple filaments might be handy in the future...

The pictures showing the actual prints show the layer change to yellow and then back to black. This would require a g-code stop to change filament on the Voron unless Ken did the Enraged Rabbit Feeder multi-material system. I don't remember if he did that or not.

The renderings apparently do not show that color change.

Exactly.

When I want a text feature with contrasting color infill, I model the part to make sure it can print oriented with the text facing up.

Then it's just two quick pause/filament change operations, at the layer that contains the visible infill areas.

Prusa slicer has a button that inserts a pause/filament change command in the gcode file.

I just made sure to create a macro in my mainsail config file that allows my Voron to recognize the filament change command.

Unless I'm mistaken, Prusa printers have this ability built-in.

I finished and assembled the drill holder mount.

The screw holes use leftover heat set inserts from my Voron build.
IMG_20230925_170450206.jpg

I used the Hilburt Curve infill style in the top layer it gives that coarse, fabric looking texture.

Back