Anyone else experiencing long delays?

I'm sorry to hear that. My crate wasn't in the best condition either and the crossfeed hand wheel was rubbing against the side of the crate. I was worried it might have gotten hit in transit but it seems to be ok.

I actually do have a squeaking noise as well. It's rather difficult to turn the spindle by hand when the machine is off. I'm not sure if that's due to the brushless motor or something is wrong with out lathes. I'm going to investigate more soon by taking off the belt and seeing how much resistance is in the spindle bearings. It runs great but the sound definitely makes me a little uneasy.

The squeak has stopped, but I didn't feel the spindle was unusually hard to turn with the chuck installed and the belt at the low speed setting. It's subjective without a reference point. The pulley ratio certainly contributes to the resistance, where a larger diameter pulley is turning a smaller pulley. I'd love to only be dealing with a questionable noise instead of the erratic spindle runout issue I have where I can't turn stock down to less than .001 runout, when theoretically I should get 0. They're investigating the possible cause and so far are thinking along the lines of what I suspected, the spindle bearing. I hope that's it because it can be replaced.

I have video posted here;

Back