Anyone else experiencing long delays?

I would have been frustrated too. I really enjoyed being able to track my purchases.
Thanks. I'm not trying to bash PM. I still think their machines are awesome and everyone has been great when I've called. I guess I just wanted to vent a bit and see if anyone else had similar experiences.

Hi everyone. I put down a deposit on a 1030V lathe back in July. They said it would ship out mid to late August. I called in late August and they said it would be soon, and they even gave me the names of the ships that they're on. I tracked them on vesselfinder.com which was pretty cool. I kept checking the website and saw their occasional updates like "orders place before 8/5 are still on their original schedule".

Long story short, no one ever reaches out or emails to let me know of any update or timeline. I called last week and they said they'll email me on Monday or Tuesday. I called Tuesday and they said Thursday or Friday. Still haven't heard anything.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar? I think the lathes are awesome and I'm really looking forward to it, but this experience is giving me a bad impression of the company.
6E639B0F-0793-45CC-A5A1-5820DC93218F.png

I seen this yesterday & just checked again, took the screen shot for you.

Wow that's concerning. Did they originally tell you that it would be 15 months? Or was it delayed.
I knew it was already in back order status when I placed the order. I also knew that any estimate was exactly that, just an estimate. So, I never worried about how long it'd take since there was nothing I or PM could do other than wait. If I was in a hurry I'd have ordered one that was in stock, requiring paying considerably more. I wasn't willing to do that and was willing to wait. So, no expectation mis-matches involved. Am I HAPPY it took so long, of course not. But... shrug.

I knew it was already in back order status when I placed the order. I also knew that any estimate was exactly that, just an estimate. So, I never worried about how long it'd take since there was nothing I or PM could do other than wait. If I was in a hurry I'd have ordered one that was in stock, requiring paying considerably more. I wasn't willing to do that and was willing to wait. So, no expectation mis-matches involved. Am I HAPPY it took so long, of course not. But... shrug.
I'm willing to accept that delays happen and acknowledge that it's not PM's fault. But what bothers me is that THEY don't acknowledge the delays. Look at the screenshot RandallsRaceShop posted. After I put my deposit down in July, they kept updating the listing to "As of X/X, orders placed before this date are still on their original schedule".

I remember they updated it to "As of 8/4" then to "As of 8/25". So I took this to mean that my order placed in July would still be arriving on its original schedule: mid to late August.

I would be perfectly happy if they would have admitted that there would be delays and it's out of their control. But they have misled me time and time again to think my order is on the original schedule.

You're scaring me regarding my backorder placement 2 mo ago for a 12x28 lathe, except I believe I did something you may not have, I called and asked how many were left unsold on the current pending shipment, before placing my order, so by now I imagine they've all been sold and any additional backorders placed will probably be for the next shipment following the incoming shipment when it sets sail, which I was told recently is about a 6 week trip.

You're scaring me regarding my backorder placement 2 mo ago for a 12x28 lathe, except I believe I did something you may not have, I called and asked how many were left unsold on the current pending shipment, before placing my order, so by now I imagine they've all been sold and any additional backorders placed will probably be for the next shipment following the incoming shipment when it sets sail, which I was told recently is about a 6 week trip.
Sorry didn't mean to scare you, but definitely be cautious taking their schedule dates too seriously. I didn't call and ask about the pending shipment, but I just took their word for it when they said mid August. But what bothers me the most is how their site keeps saying orders place before a certain date are on their original schedule. When I call, they act like nothing is wrong and just tell me I'll receive an email the next week.

what bothers me the most is how their site keeps saying orders place before a certain date are on their original schedule. When I call, they act like nothing is wrong and just tell me I'll receive an email the next week.

Then I suspect my reasoning is correct. By calling two, or three times I got a feel for how many machines were selling per week. The last update for the 1228 still reads June, so if that particular shipment has already sold out, one can place an order not realizing this and be under the impression their machine will be on the incoming shipment.

I know what it's like having to wait a long while for a new "toy", but imagine it's a lot of work managing PM incoming and outgoing by such a small staff. I've been calling on and off since last year, having purchased a mill first, and I've selected different departments. I'd estimate over 10 calls, or more and I've talked to a total of only 3 different people and mostly 2 of those 3 handled my calls. All I care about at this point is that I get a healthy machine.

Hi everyone. I put down a deposit on a 1030V lathe back in July. They said it would ship out mid to late August. I called in late August and they said it would be soon, and they even gave me the names of the ships that they're on. I tracked them on vesselfinder.com which was pretty cool. I kept checking the website and saw their occasional updates like "orders place before 8/5 are still on their original schedule".

Long story short, no one ever reaches out or emails to let me know of any update or timeline. I called last week and they said they'll email me on Monday or Tuesday. I called Tuesday and they said Thursday or Friday. Still haven't heard anything.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar? I think the lathes are awesome and I'm really looking forward to it, but this experience is giving me a bad impression of the company.

I have purchased 4 machines from Precision Matthews. I had to wait for all 4. One of them may have been a 4 month wait.

In my experience, PM is as legit of a company as one could ever ask for. I may sound like a shill, but their customer service is stellar.

It sucked waiting for my machines. I used the machines that I had on hand, but I remember that the days passed very slowly.

Often times, I just call them. It sure is nice to have a local (as opposed to an offshore call center) answer the phone.

I have a 1228 on order. If I receive it by the end of October I’ll be happy. It’s not just Precision Mathew’s. I have a CNC router on order from Camaster and delivery date has been pushed back a couple of weeks already.
It is tough waiting for new equipment. It helped me to dig into another project to take my mind off it.

Well, not that it means much, but i ordered my lathe (1440TL) in January, was supposed to get in may/june. I got it last month. Well worth the wait. Lot going on in the world at the moment. I would say, just be a little more patient.
Wow! You ordered last January and you got your lathe and got it in August?
I ordered my 1440GT last October and I am still waiting for it. It supposed to be on a ship waiting to go to port now.

Back