Anyone else experiencing long delays?

Mach_Zero

Registered
Registered
Hi everyone. I put down a deposit on a 1030V lathe back in July. They said it would ship out mid to late August. I called in late August and they said it would be soon, and they even gave me the names of the ships that they're on. I tracked them on vesselfinder.com which was pretty cool. I kept checking the website and saw their occasional updates like "orders place before 8/5 are still on their original schedule".

Long story short, no one ever reaches out or emails to let me know of any update or timeline. I called last week and they said they'll email me on Monday or Tuesday. I called Tuesday and they said Thursday or Friday. Still haven't heard anything.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar? I think the lathes are awesome and I'm really looking forward to it, but this experience is giving me a bad impression of the company.

Well, not that it means much, but i ordered my lathe (1440TL) in January, was supposed to get in may/june. I got it last month. Well worth the wait. Lot going on in the world at the moment. I would say, just be a little more patient.

The company has no control over the shipping to this country. You can bet they want the machines to deliver too.
Yeah I understand. I guess I was just hoping they would be a little more communicative. I understand that estimates are estimates, but if I wouldn't have called, I don't think they ever would have tried to notify me of the delay.

I have had a 10x20 for a few years now and love it. I am sure you will like yours also. PM has has been good to deal with. I know it is probably frustrating to Matt and the PM folks as well. As far as I am concerned they are the best. Hang in there, you will love your machine.

Pushing out status updates is probably PM's biggest weakness. They're great at responding to questions (both pre and post-purchase), but communication during The Long Wait is essentially non-existent unless asked for. I ordered my 1030 about 15 months ago and it's just now arrived to PM for delivery to me soonish. The arrival event was the ONLY email that was sent without me asking for status updates since the order was placed.

I was told when my PM-1224T (24“ version of 36T”) was put on a ship- that was the best fun to watch it travel from Taiwan to North America.

A status update on the PM-833TV was put on their website, which also indicated which ship the order was on. Again I was happily able to track the vessel from just of the east cost of North America through the Panama Canal.

I was told when my PM-1224T (24“ version of 36T”) was put on a ship- that was the best fun to watch it travel from Taiwan to North America.

A status update on the PM-833TV was put on their website, which also indicated which ship the order was on. Again I was happily able to track the vessel from just of the east cost of North America through the Panama Canal.
They told me the names of two ships that had 1030V lathes: the Tokyo Triumph and the Ever Frank. They also said my order was on one of those. It was a lot of fun to track it.

The problem is those ships came and went and I never heard anything from PM. I called back a week after the Ever Frank left the Baltimore port and they then told me my lathe was actually on the Ever Favor.

I hope this demonstrates why I'm frustrated. I understand that they don't have control of shipping but their communication is really at fault here. It feels like they either are disorganized or they gave my lathe away to someone else and moved me down the list. I don't know but I'm just disappointed with the situation.

Pushing out status updates is probably PM's biggest weakness. They're great at responding to questions (both pre and post-purchase), but communication during The Long Wait is essentially non-existent unless asked for. I ordered my 1030 about 15 months ago and it's just now arrived to PM for delivery to me soonish. The arrival event was the ONLY email that was sent without me asking for status updates since the order was placed.
Wow that's concerning. Did they originally tell you that it would be 15 months? Or was it delayed.

The problem is those ships came and went and I never heard anything from PM. I called back a week after the Ever Frank left the Baltimore port and they then told me my lathe was actually on the Ever Favor.
I would have been frustrated too. I really enjoyed being able to track my purchases.

Back