Anyone else experiencing long delays?

In 2002 I bought a Clausing 5913 at auction and got it delivered the same day.
In 2009 I ordered a Precision Matthews 1236 with DRO, and it arrived in 107 days.

In 2002 I bought a Clausing 5913 at auction and got it delivered the same day.
In 2009 I ordered a Precision Matthews 1236 with DRO, and it arrived in 107 days.

There's validity on both sides to a degree, it's hard for the pending recipients to complain free of all responsibility considering an out of stock item was ordered, and the seller to expect prolonged patience, when the pending delivery window is exceeded, in some cases multiple times without an explanation posted along with the updated delivery window.

I'm okay with the delay so far, partly prepared by posts from members on the forum. That 4 jaw ultra precise 8" chuck just arrived in great condition as far as appearances go, that's kind of like having a piece of the lathe and the substantial savings as a result softens the situation as well. So far it appears I'll be looking at 150 days at a minimum from Aug, plenty of time to build the stand, or add it to the order.

On my second updated pushback for the 1228 lathe now. A good thing that has come of it so far and heads up to others, I had the 8" ultra precision chuck added to my invoice a while back and noticed recently that some discounted items had been posted up on ebay by PM and scored the same chuck in brand new condition for ~$100 less due to the box being damaged, with warranty and chuck intact. There were some other nice items also and some are still left as of today 11/15/22.

Whoa that's awesome. Do you have the username or link?

Edit: found them. Seller is qualitymachinetools

Whoa that's awesome. Do you have the username or link?

Edit: found them. Seller is qualitymachinetools
You're a little late now, they had some really nice marked down equipment available in auction format, D1-5 chucks, piston style post sets, vises, live centers and adaptors. Most of what was present when I discovered the chuck ended during the previous 2 days. Perhaps more will come available upon receipt of the next shipment of lathes, as the 11x30 batch came in a couple of weeks ago.

The moment finally arrived, sort of. I placed the order for the PM1228 in August of last year. It was shipped on 1 March 2023 and has been at the local YRC dock, on hand in Orlando since 10 March about 30 miles away. I still haven't received a call to schedule delivery and they're apparently open on Saturday.

I read their reviews after finding out they were transporting and was concerned about what I found. So far, they're on course with some of the complaints I read regarding shipments being on hand and sitting for some time, with no updates. I haven't called yet since rude and uninformative were other complaints under this circumstance. I don't know what to expect at this point but, am hoping it is delivered intact this week. They have a few disclaimers regarding guarantees stemming from the pandemic era (still). I'm not very hopeful at this point.

UPS freight delivered my PM mill about 2 yrs earlier and they couldn't wait to get it to me. It arrived in the same time as the usual small ground shipments.

The moment finally arrived, sort of. I placed the order for the PM1228 in August of last year. It was shipped on 1 March 2023 and has been at the local YRC dock, on hand in Orlando since 10 March about 30 miles away. I still haven't received a call to schedule delivery and they're apparently open on Saturday.

I read their reviews after finding out they were transporting and was concerned about what I found. So far, they're on course with some of the complaints I read regarding shipments being on hand and sitting for some time, with no updates. I haven't called yet since rude and uninformative were other complaints under this circumstance. I don't know what to expect at this point but, am hoping it is delivered intact this week. They have a few disclaimers regarding guarantees stemming from the pandemic era (still). I'm not very hopeful at this point.

UPS freight delivered my PM mill about 2 yrs earlier and they couldn't wait to get it to me. It arrived in the same time as the usual small ground shipments.
Have you thought about driving the 30 miles and picking it up yourself? They would probably be happy to get it out of their hair.

Have you thought about driving the 30 miles and picking it up yourself? They would probably be happy to get it out of their hair.

I paid too much money (lift & door step) to avoid having to do that, not to mention the additional expense required for me to make that happen and the reviews suggest that could be difficult, considering the description of how inquiries about delayed shipments were handled. I did receive the expected call about an hour ago for delivery tomorrow. Now all they have to do is succeed at delivering it, as one review was several paragraphs long involving missed delivery dates. All of the reviews are not bad, but one of the less stellar happened about 2 months ago. I need to find out who my son-in-law drives for. If they do a good job, I'll write them a good review, with details about what one can expect on delivery.

I paid too much money (lift & door step) to avoid having to do that, not to mention the additional expense required for me to make that happen and the reviews suggest that could be difficult, considering the description of how inquiries about delayed shipments were handled. I did receive the expected call about an hour ago for delivery tomorrow. Now all they have to do is succeed at delivering it, as one review was several paragraphs long involving missed delivery dates. All of the reviews are not bad, but one of the less stellar happened about 2 months ago. I need to find out who my son-in-law drives for. If they do a good job, I'll write them a good review, with details about what one can expect on delivery.
How'd the delivery go? I did get my PM1228 lathe earlier this month also. I love it. It arrived intact and working great. It was shipped most of the way by Estes and then some smaller transport company the rest of the way. The liftgate delivery went well and the driver put it right in my garage. So far this lathe is awesome. I don't know how I lived without a DRO and the gearbox.

I actually ordered their new 727VT mill and hopefully that'll be delivered within the next few weeks.

Also, seems like you're in my area. I moved to Melbourne earlier this year (still gotta update my profile on here).

How'd the delivery go? I did get my PM1228 lathe earlier this month also. I love it. It arrived intact and working great. It was shipped most of the way by Estes and then some smaller transport company the rest of the way. The liftgate delivery went well and the driver put it right in my garage. So far this lathe is awesome. I don't know how I lived without a DRO and the gearbox.

I actually ordered their new 727VT mill and hopefully that'll be delivered within the next few weeks.

Also, seems like you're in my area. I moved to Melbourne earlier this year (still gotta update my profile on here).
The delivery didn't go well. The third party deliverer didn't know what he was delivering and actually asked if I would stand behind and steady the crate on his raggedy lift gate, that looked like it was about to fall off the truck itself.

Somewhere along the lines the crate took a jab to the side bending both my chip tray and the rear shield and right now as I type this, I'm waiting on input from PM on the ongoing issue I'm having with erratic and non repeatable dial test gauge readings on the spindle and now also in the piece of aluminum stock after it is turned. I also have a new onset squeaking sound to. For now I'm just trying to get answers. The members here have been very helpful. I posted about it in the general section I believe. I'm hoping to get it resolved. The 728 mill has been trouble free.

The delivery didn't go well. The third party deliverer didn't know what he was delivering and actually asked if I would stand behind and steady the crate on his raggedy lift gate, that looked like it was about to fall off the truck itself.

Somewhere along the lines the crate took a jab to the side bending both my chip tray and the rear shield and right now as I type this, I'm waiting on input from PM on the ongoing issue I'm having with erratic and non repeatable dial test gauge readings on the spindle and now also in the piece of aluminum stock after it is turned. I also have a new onset squeaking sound to. For now I'm just trying to get answers. The members here have been very helpful. I posted about it in the general section I believe. I'm hoping to get it resolved. The 728 mill has been trouble free.
I'm sorry to hear that. My crate wasn't in the best condition either and the crossfeed hand wheel was rubbing against the side of the crate. I was worried it might have gotten hit in transit but it seems to be ok.

I actually do have a squeaking noise as well. It's rather difficult to turn the spindle by hand when the machine is off. I'm not sure if that's due to the brushless motor or something is wrong with out lathes. I'm going to investigate more soon by taking off the belt and seeing how much resistance is in the spindle bearings. It runs great but the sound definitely makes me a little uneasy.

Back