Another too good to be true item??

Oh well...It was worth a shot. Anyway, he's gone to the dark side. Just amazing this guy spends a year selling items to get good feedback....Then goes to the dark side thinking he's going to get away with this scam.
I'm sure Ebay has been down this road before and they won't lose any money And why this jackass thinks his too bit scam like this will work is beyond me.
Anyway...Looks like I'll be filing a claim also. It is what it is.

I had a bad eBay experience yesterday on something else, so I will be more careful next time.
I bought a TV, returned, so far so good. However, the cancel of Squaretrade warranty that I bought didn't go anywhere. No communication via eBay messages at all. I then saw an email message asking me to login to their site and to cancel.
I didn't like that and messaged them again. No response.

EBay refused to do anything, even when I said seller communicated outside eBay is against eBay recommended practice and in their listing description says I may be able to use 30 days money back guaranty.

Ebay said the listing does not have eBay 30 day money back guaranty and they can't do anything about it.

I ended up created an account at Squaretrade to cancel and got my refund.

Not totally bad, but I can see someone can screw me if they don't honor what they say at all and eBay refuse to help if eBay 30 days money back is not an option.

Last edited:
Any time you buy an ebay item described as-is or parts/repair it cannot be returned unless the seller agrees to it.
I've sold quite a few items on ebay and this as-is policy has covered my ass several times -- especially valuable with overseas sales.
Always read the fine print and ask questions before bidding.

Got a full refund same day just for asking for a refund from the original ad.

ALLOY seems to pretty much nailed it on what happened here. I just got off phone with EBay and was informed that what happened is that the sellers account was hacked. Who knows why and how the hack occurred... Or the motivation of the hacker. May even have been out of spite by a disgruntled employee.
Anyway that explains why everything in his store was suddenly selling at rock bottom prices. In fact... most everything was selling for @ 49.00.
Seems to be fairly common now....hackers are going after the EBay stores. Also makes sense for me since I did order couple of VFD’s from him and they arrived on time and fully happy with those purchases.

Let's hope our cards don't get hacked- I'm going to be watching my Chase bill closely

Let's hope our cards don't get hacked- I'm going to be watching my Chase bill closely
Keep a very close eye on the low dollar charges. Some hackers have gotten smarter and have discovered they are better off scamming many people for few dollars at a time over a Long Time span because NOBODY pays attention to a couple dollar hits vs trying to empty the victim's accounts because that sets off all the alarms. So they sit back and collect a dollar here and there multiplied by hundreds or thousands of accounts equals a nice almost stable monthly paycheck.

ALLOY seems to pretty much nailed it on what happened here. I just got off phone with EBay and was informed that what happened is that the sellers account was hacked. Who knows why and how the hack occurred... Or the motivation of the hacker. May even have been out of spite by a disgruntled employee.
Anyway that explains why everything in his store was suddenly selling at rock bottom prices. In fact... most everything was selling for @ 49.00.
Seems to be fairly common now....hackers are going after the EBay stores. Also makes sense for me since I did order couple of VFD’s from him and they arrived on time and fully happy with those purchases.
'

I do not buy it. Of course that is what they would tell Ebay when caught. But that does not explain why it is the same scenario every time.

Also, it looks like they were items added, not that someone hacked their account, and then changed prices, they would have to load all the new items. Also, the items sold for several days in the middle of a week, They admitting that they do not check their sales for days at a time? Last, if the account was truly hacked, I would think they would be using every method to contact Ebay, and get things blocked, and corrected. That never appears to have happened. It was not until we started filing claims, that things started to take place. I have had some deals where Ebay steped in, closed the account, and refunded my money within days of the sale, Before I knew anything was wrong, citing fradulant activity. Thats what I would expect to see if there was a hacked account.

My feeling is it's somehow a collaborative crime; payback for the tariffs?
"spooky action at a distance" in quantum terms

Back