And so it begins, new PM-30MV...

Now for some serious work... :)

IMG_2393.JPG

Great mill you got there! Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Is that the DRO option installed by PM? Looks good!

Self install, TouchDRO controller (bluetooth) and app running on a Amazon tablet. Cost was around $275 plus about $25 in materials. The arm mount was an ancient computer display VESA mount that was sitting idle.

Congratulations!
...............but, too clean, way too clean! :laughing:

Serious OCD about chip cleaning after making a mess. Plus keeps me from tracking chips around. :)

Chips ahoy :)

IMG_2397.JPG

Drill/tap M8 into new knob blanks. Levers are too long and I've already bent two of them. lol.

Note the poor mans tap follower. Once I get 5 or so turns one handed (the other managing the quill down), the tap pretty planed and I can raise the quill and go two handed to finish.

Just to show what I'm working on. Backhoe Quick Coupler for a JD485 backhoe. This is the upper part.

IMG_2414.JPG

I do find myself in a dilemma. The plan is to CNC it in the summer. I figure at least $2500 for ball-screws/mounts and motors. That's with AC Servos. The Dilemma is the x-axis is a pain to go from one end to the other with manual crank. Same with z-axis, I go up and down all the time. I'd hate to get a power x-axis and power z-lift only to discard them 3 or 4 months.

Maybe just motors and fab some mounts for x and z with some basic controller.

Still thinking (and cranking).

Back