And so it begins, new PM-30MV...

sdavilla

Registered
Registered
Arrived today, well crated and no damage.

IMG_2280.JPG

IMG_2287.JPG

Cleaning time :)

You will have fun. I have the same machine and love it. first mill for me and still learning lots. I added the X axis powerfeed shortly after I got it. Bought one off the internet much cheaper than PM wanted, but the same part number on the unit. Lately made a Z axis powerfeed which I didn't think I would want or need at first.

Get it set up and start making chips. You will wonder how you lived without it soon.

Mine came with the DRO installed, and it is on the rear. Yes you lose a little travel, but the DRO makes it so much nicer I would not take it off for travel.
If you install an X powerfeed which you will want soon, it has the limit switches on the front.

Mine came with the DRO installed, and it is on the rear. Yes you lose a little travel, but the DRO makes it so much nicer I would not take it off for travel.
If you install an X powerfeed which you will want soon, it has the limit switches on the front.

Love to see a close-up of how they mounted the y-axis scale. The sloped base will make this fun.

Took a couple shots of how they did it. Looks like a special bracket holds it plumb. Excuse the chips and mess, don't get down here very often to clean. I guess it shows usage anyway. I wish now that I had an hour meter on the mill, it might scare me how much time I have spent learning what little I know.

Attachments

• IMG_0961.JPG
    IMG_0961.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_0962.JPG
    IMG_0962.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0963.JPG
    IMG_0963.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 142
I took a photo of mine. The front screw is in center of bracket and is screwed in to drilled and tapped hole in mill base. The back 2 screws (jack screws) 1 on top and 1 on bottom are actually pointed set screws in drilled and tapped holes in bracket, just bumping base and are used to set the bracket angle and keep it perpendicular to base.

image0.jpeg

Thanks for the picts. Looks like they run a support bar with jack screws and mounting bolts that the glass scale is attached on. Easy peasy.

Good luck with it. I got a PM727V a few years ago. Love it. Cant go wrong with PM equipment.

Back