And so it begins, new PM-30MV...

Sdavilla, Could you post a pic of the right side of the head and see if it has this key? (attached pic)
I also just received a new PM30 and this part is missing.

Attachments

• screen.JPG
    screen.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 134
Also not on mine and mine has a recent build date. I'll fetch it when I hit the shop later today.

Not on mine either. 01/21 build date.

Congratulations, it’s a great little mill. I just added the power lift from Priest Tools and highly recommend it.

Might as well start thinking about it (CNC). Going with Arizona CNC Kits for double ball screws and motor mounts. Motors choice is quite large. I want all three the same in NEMA 34 size. That way one spare fits any axis. But what type, stepper, hybrid stepper, DMM or ClearPath. ClearPath are the nicest but they are going to put a dent in the shop slush fund.

What are others using with their CNC'ed PM-30MV mill ?

Strapping for lift, the PM recommended way. Was not happy with the large tilt to the front (not shown). And very not happy with strap pressing on heat sink fins behind the electrical control box.

IMG_2293.JPG

After a bit of thought, came up with this.

IMG_2294.JPG

Tractor drawbar under head, forks under drawbar. Slide the x/y table forward for a nice balance. Then some straps to keep it from sliding around. Also took the bottom way clamp off the z-axis and the quill handles.

IMG_2296.JPG

Now where did those bolts go...

I took a photo of mine. The front screw is in center of bracket and is screwed in to drilled and tapped hole in mill base. The back 2 screws (jack screws) 1 on top and 1 on bottom are actually pointed set screws in drilled and tapped holes in bracket, just bumping base and are used to set the bracket angle and keep it perpendicular to base.

View attachment 397537

Like your way lock knobs, mine has the lever type, and they always seem to be in the wrong place. :)

Mine had the levers too. Round doesn't snag and with power feed you'll end up snapping one off.

Back