Am I the only Fuddy Duddy?

I party every year on new years eve, I do drink a bit but I never, have never gone to a commercial establishment for NYE.
I always have a good time. Tonight will be an awesome Japanese custom gin with tonic, one drink only. (I'm not an alky)
View attachment 472671
Tonight its over the road for pig on a spit, other foods and of course drinks.
We will welcome the new year in with loud music and cheers and annoy everyone else who doesnt turn up.
And why not, its my birthday.
My usual bedtime is around 2am but then again I never get up at sparrow fart.
Aren't you a day early? Or because you are "upside down," it comes early?

I like the "chaser" you are drinking. Can't wait to see the real drink. :beer bottles:

Aren't you a day early? Or because you are "upside down," it comes early?

I like the "chaser" you are drinking. Can't wait to see the real drink. :beer bottles:
They are living in the future other side of the dateline.

Comedy show for us tonight and dance band tomorrow.

John

My wife says, I wish we could do something for New Year's Eve.
I say, I thought Sarah and Jake are having a big party.
They are but I don't feel comfortable going by myself.
I say, never stopped you before.

See, to me, New Years eve is a day to stay home and go to bed at a normal hour.
To my 69 year old wife it's a very special day that needs a party!!

So, she has a dilemma, not me :)

Hey, for Christmas I pulled the trailer out of storage to go stay at Laguna Seca and Monterey. Had a great dinner at sunset, ya da ya da.
I thought I was being a good sport. A week later she wants more........?????
My wife and I are 1 year apart in age 59 and 60..... I mam 361 days older with the exception of leap year.... Our plans are pretty much in agreement, work in the garage until the neighbors start attempting to set the neighborhood on fire and at that point watch some Youtube and go to bed. We already have our traditional Ham, Cabbage and Black Eyed peas for new years day lunch so we do not need to go shopping.

We feel, jointly, that there is way too much foolishness and stupidity on display new years eve and it lost its entertainment value years ago.....

Soooo nope your not alone....

Not a champagne fan either. Had three tequila and oj's, two cocktails is usually my limit, but the bottle was almost empty, and hey, it' was new years eve. Was up in bed at ten with the wife watching the fireworks display in London, which was probably the most over the top display I've ever seen. Totally agree on it being a good time to stay home, along with most other major holidays. Mike

If you are a fuddy duddy, you are in good company.

I don't think I've been to a New Years Eve party since 2011 and that was a rare event for us. I've never been much of a partier, and my wife is even less social than I am.

Back