Am I the only Fuddy Duddy?

We compromised.
We are going to have fresh Dungeness crab, salad and a bottle of French Champagne. Brut of course.
I paid $75 for the champagne so I'll be sure to drink some :)

This way she will stay home. I really don't want her to drive with the idiots.

The night of December 31st is amateur night. All the non-professional drunks are out and about, wining and dining and drinking and driving. Professionals use this night to catch up on some sleep and stay out of trouble.

We compromised.
We are going to have fresh Dungeness crab, salad and a bottle of French Champagne. Brut of course.
I paid $75 for the champagne so I'll be sure to drink some :)

This way she will stay home. I really don't want her to drive with the idiots.
Nice, do you have a friend that goes out recreational or get crab from Oregon?

Enjoy your time together:love:

John

No, I buy it from a small local market that specializes in customer satisfaction. Very unusual these days.

The Dungeness crab market is a crap shoot. This year we have large happy crabs aplenty.
Awesome, they must be sourcing from up north since the commercial season in CA has been delayed till Jan. 5

I enjoy nothing more than waiting in line to pay way too much for badly poured drinks served by a sneering "bartender" who doesn't make eye contact with patrons. It's the best! Last time I went out was 2002 I think. I can shake fine cocktails at home and go to bed when I'm ready, and nobody is jabbing their elbows into my ribs at the bar.

I party every year on new years eve, I do drink a bit but I never, have never gone to a commercial establishment for NYE.
I always have a good time. Tonight will be an awesome Japanese custom gin with tonic, one drink only. (I'm not an alky)
gin.jpg
Tonight its over the road for pig on a spit, other foods and of course drinks.
We will welcome the new year in with loud music and cheers and annoy everyone else who doesnt turn up.
And why not, its my birthday.
My usual bedtime is around 2am but then again I never get up at sparrow fart.

Back