Aggravating gas cans

Just to add to these new gas cans . I took my gas cans to fill and 2 of my sons , and maybe my way of filling is incorrect so please let me know . I set one of his cans , new plastic , on the ground next to the pump , holding it with one hand and inserting the fuel nozzle in about half way so air could escape. As soon as I started filling gas splashed out going all over my hand and pants , the only way I could keep that from happening was bearing pulling the nozzle . Not wanting to hold up others I just gave up after just about a third of the 5 gallon can . Once home i wanted to try to figure why , I was surprised to find inside the can was a plastic mesh type filter . Not sure why you would even need to have that ? Some newer vehicles don’t even have replaceable ( other than inside built into the fuel pump assembly ) . Since it’s his can I just gave back as is but is my filling method the cause or maybe just try poking big holes in the mesh screen ?
That screen is the problem; gas tries to get past the screen, back pressure builds. Maybe not enough to cause the pump nozzle to shut off, but sure enough to get you doused.
Using needle nose pliers I worked them into the edge of that screen and pulled it out. Sure cure the problem.
No idea why they think a screen's needed.

Bought 2 of these a while back....one gas, one diesel. They work....no hassle filling or dispensing. Very heavy duty.

Bought 2 of these a while back....one gas, one diesel. They work....no hassle filling or dispensing. Very heavy duty.
Another vote for the SureCan Gas Can. I have 4 of the 5-gallon size and 2 of the 2-gallon size. They work great for filling mowers, tractors, and other small equipment. I also have 6 of the 1-gallon size old style cans like this for gas/oil mix for 2 cycle equipment. They have different mixes 32:1, 40:1, 50:1, and 100:1

If you have a Tractor Supply or Ag supply near you they probably have one similar to the ones in the amazon link below. I think I got some from Agri-supply and some Amazon ones and both are fine.

Gas Can Spout Replacement,Gas Can Nozzle,(3 Kit-Yellow) with 6 Screw Collar Caps(3 Coarse Thread &3 Fine Thread-Fits Most of The Cans) with Gas Can Vent Caps,Thick Rubber pad,Spout Cover,Base Caps https://a.co/d/4W8jVYk
I bought a kit very similar to this one. The problem is the gaskets harden very quickly in contact with gas.

I also have 6 of the 1-gallon size old style cans like this for gas/oil mix for 2 cycle equipment. They have different mixes 32:1, 40:1, 50:1, and 100:1

I have a couple of 5 gallon cans with this style spout. I use them for keeping my GMC plow truck fueled, along with my generators. I hate them! It is nearly impossible to keep the spout open while fueling the truck. I removed the guts from one of them which helped some. Then I used the above mentioned spout kit to install vents and replace the spouts.

The Midwest cans are a PITA compared to the SureCans. Unfortunately they don’t make the SureCans in a 1 gallon size. I don’t use enough of the 2 cycle mixes to justify the 2 gallon size SureCan

I have a couple of 5 gallon cans with this style spout. I use them for keeping my GMC plow truck fueled, along with my generators. I hate them!
I HAD one of these but it was promptly trashed . Trying to fill the Kubota standing on the fender was impossible . Totally useless as more diesel ended up On the tractor instead of in it .

Back