A Project Quest

Bill
Hope you ankle is doing well. How is the grinder coming along? It's been a little while.
Best health
Nelson

We are truly sorry for the time away from this project. When I began the project and brought Mark into it neither of us saw the personal problems coming. I will not continue the project till Mark returns 100%. I will work on my end in that back and get together with a friend and do the prints up for the rest of the grinder. This is a two man project and will continue when both of us are on the same page. Thank you for your patience.

"Billy G and Mark"

Bill + Mark F ..
I understand completely.

Just wished to give appreciation for both of Your hard work, often in difficult circumstances.

Secondly, I am very interested in seeing how it works, once it does, as in flatness of surfaces ground..

It seems that some people think this is my project. That is not true. THIS PROJECT WAS STARTED BY BILL GRUBY! He graciously asked me to participate in it which I was honored to do. But do to personal reasons, I am leaving this forum permanently. I sincerely hope Bill continues this project and many of you assist him in this quest. I am sorry but I have to leave.

Thank you Mark. Please rethink the leaving the forum permanently part. You are needed here. As far as I am concerned you were here at the start of this build and I want you here at the end of it.

You have an extremely large and deep rooted following here Mark . They have a lot of respect for you and your abilities. Take all the time you need to sort things out.

I will get together with Bill and get the prints posted in your absence.

"Billy G"

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel I am not in a frame of mind at this time to make a rational and final decision about leaving permanently at this time but am leaning in that direction. That being said, I very much would like to finish the surface grinder project with Billy G. and wish to stay long enough to accomplish that task. It is important to complete this project for one of the main reasons it was started and that is to prove to all those doubters that WE CAN DO IT! Soooo ...... I intend at this time to focus on this project. Bill drew the prints and did the design. I look forward to getting the prints when they are ready and working with Bill on the rest of this project.

As soon as I see any thread signed by mark_f, I immediately go read it. I have a lot of respect in your fortitude and honesty. Please stay in touch. Even though I have never met you personally, I consider you a friend. Also a Mark AKA Silence Dogood.

Stand by folks, I need to contact "BillH50" to get the build underway again. I don't do CAD, he does. It has been said by other experts on other forums that a surface grinder cannot be shop built. We set out to prove them wrong and together Mark and I WILL prove them wrong.

"Billy G"

Back