A Project Quest

I don't get over here nearly as much as I would like, but when I do, it's always a treat. The membership support is unlike many, if not most sites on the web today. I haven't seen one thread where a member wasn't supported, offered help or just encouraging words during a time of trouble or uncertainty

That being said, I can only echo the sentiments expressed earlier in the thread regarding Mark, Bill, Bill and others actively involved in this project. "Permanent" is, well... just too permanent. Mark, if you do decide to leave, I have a strong feeling that you will always be a part of this forum. (Like it or not.) ;)

Mark is committed to finishing this build with me and the rest of you. You have nooooo idea how much work needs to be done yet. It will be quite some tome before this is over. All we have so far is the spindle and wheel hub. They are useless without the rest. It was quite a feat to enlarge and reverse engineer this grinder. You will not be disappointed. And yes. despite the nay sayers, I am sure all of you could build this. Monday I get together with Bill and we start the uphill battle to get this project on paper (CAD). I didn't say it would be easy for everyone, but I did say you could do it. FAITH --- The ability to go forward with no guarantee. Keep that in mind and follow us down the yellow brick road.

"Billy G, Mark and BillH50"

Last edited by a moderator:
The long wait is just about over. By tomorrow afternoon the prints will start coming. Be advised this could be a long process as Bill and I hate CAD and I want you to be able to read these. If I can't read them, you don't see them. We plan to keep this build as simple as we possibly can. Thank you for your patience so far. We will do our best not to let you down.

"Billy G, Mark and Bill"

Let me know if you need help with the cad part. I have SW so can solid model and do prints. PM me if interested.

Mark
I glad to see you back, I know it is hard and just do what you feel able. You will be in my prayers and many others on the group. So good to hear it is on go.
Be well my friend
Nelson

Dan,
I also have SW as well as ProE, Cadkey and MasterCam. All of which render 3D drawings. But if I have any problems I will keep you in mind. Just need to get together with BillyG right now to make exchanging drawings easier between BillyG and Mark.

Bill will be calling this afternoon after his last Doctors appointments and we will get this underway. His health is more important to us than this project. He is a key player now, as I am going to try and learn the basics of CAD from him. Good luck today Bill.

"Billy G, Mark and Bill"

10:00 AM tomorrow is the go time. I spent today working on the raising and lowering problems. Got it on paper. May still need a counter balance for the heavy motor.

"Billy G"

Did any of you ever get the feeling that someone did not want something to get done? Went to the Caddy to go to bills' place and low and behold, flat tire. Easy fix, boys change tire for me. Only have a donut for a spare and it's flat. Tire shop is right up the street. I'll get there at some point in time Bill. ROTFCMEO

"Billy G"

Back