A 960 Sq. ft Garage-Shop!!

The math doesn't work.
I wasn't sure where Vista was so I checked out Google Earth.
I don't see any green lawns down there.
It is desert after all.
"It is desert after all."

Yes, that's my point, not a lot of water:<)

So how much time did you give the sellers Jeff to respond? In the current market, I advised both of my daughters when they bought their houses that 24 to 48 hours would be sufficient. That way the seller can't yank yer chain for a week.

So how much time did you give the sellers Jeff to respond?
oops, it's blank.
hey, it's not like I buy houses very often :)
30 day escrow after acceptance.
These are good people, I'm not expecting a circle jerk.
We made them a clean and fair offer. No contingencies.

That's interesting.

How much was the monthly rental on the trailer? Or do you have connections that let you borrow the trailer for free?

I used a construction storage container company (Mobile Mini) since I had an account there. They rent jobsite offices, storage containers, semi trailers.

The standard clause in the California offer form is 72 hours to accept, reject or counter. The blank on the form is if you want to specify a different amount of time.

Good luck on the house, that looks like quite a shop space, guessing about double the current space?

I don't get it, if California is losing 70K per year why do we have this robust housing shortage? They just keep building houses.
At least in Northern Ca., maybe the highly populated lower state has less demand for housing.

Its not 70k per year, it was a net loss of 70k in 2019/2020 it is the first time since 1849 that California had a net loss in population. That is 0.18% so at this rate in 200 years the population will be back down to 20 million like it was when I was a kid.

Good luck on the house, that looks like quite a shop space, guessing about double the current space?

Its not 70k per year, it was a net loss of 70k in 2019/2020 it is the first time since 1849 that California had a net loss in population. That is 0.18% so at this rate in 200 years the population will be back down to 20 million like it was when I was a kid.
From July 2020 to July 2021, CA lost another 173,000. But again, it's for a variety of factors: fewer births, fewer immigration due to the pandemic, etc.

One article I read states, "California has been steadily losing people to other states for years. From 2010 to 2020, about 6.1 million people left for other states and only 4.9 million arrived from other parts of the country, according to an analysis of census data by the Public Policy Institute of California."

And we can't forget that some people (maybe a lot?) are leaving California for personal political reasons. I don't have any data to show there is any truth in that.

Back