A 960 Sq. ft Garage-Shop!!

Sorry to hear that. Another house will come along. Keep looking.

Oh man, I’m sorry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the discouraging thing is to see the demand for nice homes with a bit of property.
It wasn't meant to be.
Thanks for the kind and heartfelt comments.
I appreciate it.

Merry Christmas Eve!!
The family is coming today for Xmas :)

Sorry to hear that you lost it, but as I said, it is OK as something better will come along.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Patrick

Sorry to hear you lost out on it. Keep in touch with the realtor and let them know you are still interested in case the deal falls through before you find something else. A house down the street from me went through 3 buyers this year before it made it to closing.

Nice shop space you'll have there. Here's what you can do with about 1,000 square feet.
you must spend 80% of your time cleaning.

my brother's house is 4k sq ft. 900 is living area. the remaining is a very well equipped and organized wood shop but it's not spotless.

In California they have this wonderful multiple counter offer format. The seller can make a different counter offer to each offer. See which of their counters get accepted and then choose the one they want to accept. It's nuts. Another horrible tactic I have seen is the seller counters with "what is the highest price you will pay with a blank to fill in." This nonsense is driven by investors. Even if there is only minimal appreciation it is still better in the long run then a lot of other investments these days. It happens in all types of property. Not just houses.
There is even more trickery out here. A buyer can make a high offer to beat out all others, you accept, the other buyers all go away. The buyer enters the contract but then says that their bank won't loan them the full amount you accepted because the comps don't reflect the market in your neighborhood and offer to pay you 30,000 less (happened to us). The place will look tainted to buyers if you re-list so in the interest of expediency you take it and it's a bitter transaction.

The other thing is that for the properties we have in the hot spots there are so many buyers that to make your offer stand out you write them letters with family photos inside and embellish your absolute love and respect for the property and wax poetically about your deep emotional attachment to the property in question! Fun times! ... and now my kids are getting older and my wife wants to go through this all again in a few years when our little one goes off to college! :frown:

8 offers, we lost

Sorry to read this as a fellow garage dweller. Good luck on the search going forward. I couldn't believe how hard it was to find a house with a large garage. Listings here don't even show the garage. It's like the entire real estate market out here has no clue. I would tell the RA that we want a house with a large garage or the house situated in such a way that I can extend the garage. I would have to comb though listings she didn't show us and explain that this house works great look at all that side yard next to the garage. She would say yeah, but there is a tree there! (A small tree, 10" trunk maybe, and above ground planter box for veggies). In the end we had to find our own house, then you get to pay the RA as if they did the early work!

Oh Man, bummer dude! Sorry to read that.

Merry Christmas Jeff.

Tim

Back