A 960 Sq. ft Garage-Shop!!

Still waiting
Pretty typical for the seller to sit on the offer as long as possible, always the chance of a better offer coming in. With several offers they may even go 'best and final'.

When I make an all cash offer, I put a 24 hour fuse on the acceptance. Any decent RE agent would know this is SOP in California.

There are six offers. They are to review them this afternoon.
We are ok either way (not really). I don't think we will be in the running. We offered $785,000. 30 day escrow, no contingencies.
It's listed for $779,000.
Maybe some of those offers are lower? May have contingencies?
I'm guessing it will go for $325 a foot at $812,000.
We'll know soon.

Love your shop space.
Very well thought out.
I never imagined you could fit a metal shop and a wood shop in an 1,100 sq. ft space.
A basement??
How did you get all those machine tools down there? Is there a carriage door I missed?
Nice top shelf equipment!
I recently downsized from 2000 sq ft shop to 1100 sqft and have a full blooded woodshop and a well equipped metal working shop complete with lathe, mill, welders (all three types), plasma cutter, benders, and press. It's very very tight, but it's functional! Some days have to move the truck or tractor out.... :)

DanK

Last edited:
In California they have this wonderful multiple counter offer format. The seller can make a different counter offer to each offer. See which of their counters get accepted and then choose the one they want to accept. It's nuts. Another horrible tactic I have seen is the seller counters with "what is the highest price you will pay with a blank to fill in." This nonsense is driven by investors. Even if there is only minimal appreciation it is still better in the long run then a lot of other investments these days. It happens in all types of property. Not just houses.

In California they have this wonderful multiple counter offer format. The seller can make a different counter offer to each offer. See which of their counters get accepted and then choose the one they want to accept. It's nuts. Another horrible tactic I have seen is the seller counters with "what is the highest price you will pay with a blank to fill in." This nonsense is driven by investors. Even if there is only minimal appreciation it is still better in the long run then a lot of other investments these days. It happens in all types of property. Not just houses.
We ended up with our house because the previous owner, who'd passed away, had built a garage on what was legally our right of way. Estate had to either negotiate with us or bulldoze the 30x32 garage to be able to show clear title to sell it. We needed a house and it adjoined the property we already owned, so instead of building we got a bargain at a time when we needed a place to live immediately. Said garage is my current workshop.

We ended up with our house because the previous owner, who'd passed away, had built a garage on what was legally our right of way. Estate had to either negotiate with us or bulldoze the 30x32 garage to be able to show clear title to sell it. We needed a house and it adjoined the property we already owned, so instead of building we got a bargain at a time when we needed a place to live immediately. Said garage is my current workshop.

Wow! Very fortuitous. Congratulations.
That is a story to tell the grand-kids about when they start looking for property.
Brian

Wow! Very fortuitous. Congratulations.
That is a story to tell the grand-kids about when they start looking for property.
Brian
The entire story of why we had a r-o-w is quite the story but to long to type.

Back