A 960 Sq. ft Garage-Shop!!

Not nearly as bad as other parts of the country. But I suppose it's all relative.

Here it is, December 21st, and it's 37F outside. A week ago, we had 60F weather. We'll get snow, but not as much as Minnesota, Montana, or the Dakotas.

But I would rather have it -20F than 120F. I can always put on another layer. When it's blistering hot, there's only so much I can take off before it becomes socially awkward.
I handle the cold better than the heat. As I get older the cold is beginning to bother me, but so is the heat. I find playing ball in the heat I am much more winded and out of energy the past 3 years.. I think it's been getting worse. I guess with age you don't regulate as well.

As I get older the cold is beginning to bother me, but so is the heat
Boy no kidding.
Today it's foggy and cold. The fog just adds that extra bite.
Summers are way too long.

I sure wouldn't want to be homeless. We have cold rain forecast for the next 10 days.
The forecast is for over 10 feet of snow in the mountains.
I bet the ski resorts are anxious about it. This is one of their biggest weeks.

I'm glad I'll be separating mine shortly. While I have a good sized dust collector, the idea of welding and sawdust in the same area makes me nervous.
mushroom-cloud-gif.gif

Good luck Jeff, nice to know where you will be in our retirement. We still haven't made a decision on where in the country we are going to settle. Costs are way too high here in the PNW or anywhere along West Coast. Been looking at the Eastern part of OK, Western AR and NE corner of Texas.

Good luck Jeff, nice to know where you will be in our retirement. We still haven't made a decision on where in the country we are going to settle. Costs are way too high here in the PNW or anywhere along West Coast. Been looking at the Eastern part of OK, Western AR and NE corner of Texas.
One of our techs is moving to North Carolina the first of the year.
His sister is a realtor there. She said about one third of her new clients are from California.

One of our techs is moving to North Carolina the first of the year.
His sister is a realtor there. She said about one third of her new clients are from California.
saw on the news the other day that CA is a net loss of people. More moving out than moving in.
I believe NJ has been the same too. Taxes here are high, but moving is a hard thing. Especially if you saw my basement.

Back