A 960 Sq. ft Garage-Shop!!

That also means moving is less of a hassle. That pod idea the other day seems nice too.. just load up the pod at your leisure, and move it over.

provided of course that there are tie downs in the pod

I had an entire semi trailer delivered to my house last move (almost 20 years ago). Took my time loading it while we house searched. I used day laborers, younger employees to load when I needed them. Once the trailer was full I had it moved to a friend's property while we continued to search, then moved to our new house after closing. I saved 1000's of dollars that way.

That's telling right there.
But it's not as astronomical as one would think, even though they are 49th for net population growth. An article I read said that CA lost about a net 70k residents from 2019 to 2020. But Texas is GAINING a net of 370k+ over the same period. Wowzers!

I had an entire semi trailer delivered to my house last move (almost 20 years ago). Took my time loading it while we house searched. I used day laborers, younger employees to load when I needed them. Once the trailer was full I had it moved to a friend's property while we continued to search, then moved to our new house after closing. I saved 1000's of dollars that way.
That's interesting.

How much was the monthly rental on the trailer? Or do you have connections that let you borrow the trailer for free?

I had an entire semi trailer delivered to my house last move (

This is exactly what we did in 2019.
We palletized nearly everything with my wife placing as many items on pallets as she could, a lot of it in totes or boxes, and then shrink-wrapped each pallet. I loaded each pallet into the trailer utilizing my tractor with forks, and then used a pallet jack to place the pallets. My wife left an aisle down the middle where the beds were eventually placed. With her incredible packing skills, we had most of our 4500 sq ft house in that trailer. I believe it cost us about $100 per month to store it, which was only from the beginning of September to late December of 2019. The trailer service did charge a per-mile fee but it was minimal since we only moved about 10 miles from our original house.

But it's not as astronomical as one would think, even though they are 49th for net population growth. An article I read said that CA lost about a net 70k residents from 2019 to 2020. But Texas is GAINING a net of 370k+ over the same period. Wowzers!
I don't get it, if California is losing 70K per year why do we have this robust housing shortage? They just keep building houses.
At least in Northern Ca., maybe the highly populated lower state has less demand for housing.

I don't get it, if California is losing 70K per year why do we have this robust housing shortage? They just keep building houses.
At least in Northern Ca., maybe the highly populated lower state has less demand for housing.
They are building more houses on every possible lot and apartments through the roof down here!!:( Were is the water going to come from:disillusion:

They are building more houses on every possible lot and apartments through the roof down here!!:( Were is the water going to come from:disillusion:
The math doesn't work.
I wasn't sure where Vista was so I checked out Google Earth.
I don't see any green lawns down there.
It is desert after all.

The math doesn't work.
I wasn't sure where Vista was so I checked out Google Earth.
I don't see any green lawns down there.
It is desert after all.

Children grow up and move out. Two grown children, eventually, need two additional residences.

The persons that used to live in one residence now have three.

Back