2016 POTD Thread Archive

How about a clip on folding bipod?

View attachment 131345
Hi Charles,

Thanks for the tip. That's kind of my idea for him, a bipod on the forearm, strap from the ceiling for the butt. I've got some background photos below, yes I know I'm blessed and spoiled. . . We have 64 acres, blind is circled in red in the satellite view. Also pictures of my dad and me after turkey season this past spring, shot of the blind over a feed plot and a shot from the front window.

It takes him about 5 minutes to climb the 13 steps up to the blind. Then there's the awkward transition from the top of the stairs to the blind itself. A simple solution is to mount some blocks on the doorway of the blind so we can drop in a couple of handrails for the 5-foot walk from the stairs to the blind. Next will be replacing the 2-foot wide stairs with ones 3 or 4 feet wide, mount some side rails or something for a winch-driven cart to haul him to the top. Something like those Acorn chair lifts for stairs.

Oh yeah, my shop is in the pole barn in the upper right of the satellite view.

Bruce

map.jpg 20160418_202443.jpg 20160626_081826.jpg 20160626_082013.jpg

Hi Charles,
Oh yeah, my shop is in the pole barn in the upper right of the satellite view.
Bruce

Bruce hi,

Very nice place you've got there.
Tell me paranoid but I would not place a sat picture with names on it to point where I am on the globe!
As this forum is not "members only" you never know who will see it.

Petros

Bruce hi,

Tell me paranoid but I would not place a sat picture with names on it to point where I am on the globe!

Petros
Anyone who wants to can find any of us.

Anyone who wants to can find any of us.

Agree! But I don't want to make easy for that "anyone" who must not find me!
As I said I might be paranoid but the world is not like it was when I was a kid (half a century ago)!
I remember not having a lock to the front door just a bolt!

Petros

Bruce hi,

Petros
Hi Petros,

I'm a little careful about posting too much, but we're pretty safe in our area. I have a Michigan State trooper, local city policeman and a conservation officer as neighbors. The first two are just up the road/share property lines and have squad cars in their driveways most of the time. On top of that we have a security system at the house and in my shop. I'm more worried about hackers getting into our financials than home invasion, but your point is well taken.

Bruce

Hi Petros,

I'm a little careful about posting too much, but we're pretty safe in our area. I have a Michigan State trooper, local city policeman and a conservation officer as neighbors. The first two are just up the road/share property lines and have squad cars in their driveways most of the time. On top of that we have a security system at the house and in my shop. I'm more worried about hackers getting into our financials than home invasion, but your point is well taken.

Bruce

Seems like you're kind'a covered !

Hi Petros,

Bruce
Hackers aren't the only ones to be worried about. I once got a nasty letter from city hall that told me that I needed to do something with my unregistered van parked in my own driveway or else. I don't know how often google updates their maps, but I received the letter over a year after I had disposed of the van. I won't say here what I told the city official, but I did leave a red face.

I had one tell me that I had do something with my care, It was in my driveway, fully registered, and everything. We had 3 cars and 2 drivers. They also gave me a ticket for having a tire on the grass where I missed by driveway.

Finally got a weekend day that was warm enough to do some painting so did the first coat on my Myford lathe cabinet

I decided to do some painting as well. The forecast was for sun and 88F around here, which would have made it the hottest day of the year so far. But it only got up to 85F. I started painting an old SB 9C anyway.

I hate painting. The lathe had been given a bit of cleaning when I got it, but I still had to degrease it, get all the parts together, etc. I got two coats on the bed, the compound, the steady rest, the feet, and the lead screw bearings. One coat on the headstock. It'll probably take me all day tomorrow to finish.

Last edited:
Back