1/4 of the way to a mill

Looks like a tang, no tapped hole for a drawbar...
Thanks! I’m totally stoked about it.
This will be my first machine resto. I went through my Unisaw with a fine tooth comb but nothing needed attention.

This really doesn’t need more than a serious cleaning but I’m going to go through it so that I become familiar with it’s workings.

This is the drill chuck that came with it.
91671d4b7dee36f549ea10ecd4008b92.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like a tang, no tapped hole for a drawbar...

Indeed it is not tapped.
I need to measure the drawbar to ensure that I purchase the correct MT3 holders.

Thanks @mikey @RYAN S
I wouldn’t have been able to make this decision were it not for all of the excellent advice from the experienced folks here.

Drill chuck, doesn't need a drawbar. :)

Looks like a good machine. I bet with a little cleaning and oiling, it will serve you well. My mill needed some TLC as well, I really enjoyed working on it. Always nice to see machines get to people who will appreciate them.

Thanks @mikey @RYAN S
I wouldn’t have been able to make this decision were it not for all of the excellent advice from the experienced folks here.

The main thing is that you're no longer mill-less, Dave. Having a lathe or a mill is a tremendous learning experience but having both will allow you to build almost anything you can imagine. We have all watched you go from zero to having a SB Heavy 10 and now a mill that is big enough to do decent work - it has been a nice thing to watch. Your positive attitude and extremely pleasant personality have made you many friends on this site. Welcome to the slippery slope!

Good job Dave, congratulations!!!

Back