What Did You Buy Today?

I don't usually like these all black drill bits, but I couldn't resist the sale price.

Attachments

• 5E8663DC-6770-410E-8BB7-E328913D583D.jpeg
    5E8663DC-6770-410E-8BB7-E328913D583D.jpeg
    73.7 KB · Views: 38
OK, I finally decided to get the HF 4X6 band saw since they gave me a 20% off coupon. This should help immensely with cutting rough stock compared to my Porta-Band on stand!

Getting the thing into my basement by myself was no fun, but I managed. Assembling the thing was interesting since the instructions don't really mention everything that needs to be assembled. I figured it out on my own and looking at the extra parts.

In any case, I used my chain hoist to lift the band saw up while putting the stand under it.

I haven't cut anything with it yet, but I plan to shortly. I understand the blade isn't the best, but I'll see. I did turn it on and it seems quiet compared to my Porta-Band.

Safely in my basement.
IMG_6173.jpg

Hoisted up while trying to get the bolts to line up.
IMG_6175.jpg

Almost done!
IMG_6176.jpg

In its final resting place nestled between my woodworking bench and miter saw.
IMG_6177.jpg

I haven't cut anything with it yet, but I plan to shortly. I understand the blade isn't the best, but I'll see. I did turn it on and it seems quiet compared to my Porta-Band.
I think Zoro has a good price on USA Made Morse brand 64-1/2" blades. I haven't tried them yet, but I assume being Morse that they are good.

Also keep an eye on the saw to make sure it doesn't leak oil from the gear case.

I didn't know that you needed to break in a bandsaw blade when I first got mine, so I'm just mentioning it here. :)

I didn't know that you needed to break in a bandsaw blade when I first got mine, so I'm just mentioning it here. :)
Break in procedure and explanation of the how and why is here for anybody curious:

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

First cuts with my new band saw using the stock blade. First, I did a few test cuts in a piece of scrap aluminum bar about 3/4" square. I was able get it pretty square in both directions by adjusting the fence and the guides.

Then, I went for it and cut a piece of 3-1/8" 6061 aluminum. It took 5 or 10 minutes, but I'm happy with the results.

IMG_6178.jpg

IMG_6180.jpg

First cuts with my new band saw using the stock blade. First, I did a few test cuts in a piece of scrap aluminum bar about 3/4" square. I was able get it pretty square in both directions by adjusting the fence and the guides.

Then, I went for it and cut a piece of 3-1/8" 6061 aluminum. It took 5 or 10 minutes, but I'm happy with the results.

View attachment 392669

View attachment 392670
BTW, they haven't been doing 20% off over $10 so where'd you get the coupon?
Gonna do any upgrades?

BTW, they haven't been doing 20% off over $10 so where'd you get the coupon?
Gonna do any upgrades?
I had the same question... They stopped the coupons some time back... Would be nice to get a 20% on a few things that I need... Let me check their ads...

Back