What Did You Buy Today?

An item or 2……….
That's it ? Slacker . :grin: Just talked to our girl down in Surfside Beach SC Dahl . 12-20 inchws of rain expected . How are you making out? We're heading down next Sat for 16 days .

Dinner for the family ! Greg turned 36 today so we went up to his favorite place ( he loves breakfasts ) . Cracker Barrel up in Shrewsbury Pa . Had a nice drive the back way home thru Stewartstown and the farmland . The sprawl hasn't reached up there . YET !

Many is the time I skipped the free breakfast at a Hampton for Cracker Barrel - Biscuits & Gravy (with a side of gravy): almost ad good as a little place in Pooler, GA in 1992.

September 2nd . End of summer sale . :grin: The daughter has to move down to DC for a job . The other basement will be clear then and I can finally spread out my stuff , sort it out , and off it . Anything machine related , I'll keep the mechanics tools .

Labor Day: sale prices??

That's it ? Slacker . :grin: Just talked to our girl down in Surfside Beach SC Dahl . 12-20 inchws of rain expected . How are you making out? We're heading down next Sat for 16 days .

Metro Atlanta missed the heavy rain. Not that we didn’t set a July precipitation record……..

Well I have tried twist drills that need steps, now I'm going to try spot drilling, and one pass to depth. I forgot to get feed, and speed though for 7/8, and 1.625 to 9.5" deep in aluminum with through hole coolant, fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Mike . Hook your tailstock up to the carriage with these baby spade drills and pull the drill to depth in one shot . You'll need to find the proper feed in which the chip breaker works best for evactuating the chips with the thru coolant . Start at maybe .005 per rev and work up from there . Spade drills like to cut and not rub . Great choice of tools . :encourage: ( the drills and whatever's in that glass ) :big grin:

Just drove 150 miles up to Bromsgrove to Charter Auctions premesis and back for these:

20240806_170133.jpg

20240806_170142.jpg20240806_170154.jpg
£45, £10 and £15 respectively.

That surface table was fun getting in the back of the car. :rolleyes: I couldn't believe how much it weighed. It was even more fun getting the damn thing out again.

You may notice that the frame looks a little short. Well, that's because it is. Bloody thing wouldn't quite fit; literally by no more than an inch!

So, I got the chaps there to plasma cut the lower part of the legs off, so I could fit it in the car.

Eh, I'll tidy up the cuts and get some locking machine casters for it.

Last edited:
Hey Dave I have to keep restocking whats in the glass.:beer: I woulld like to hear about ways to hook the tail stock up, and still not torque over from the rotation.

Last edited:
Back