What Did You Buy Today?

I can’t remember if I saw it here or on another site, but a company out of Seattle named Carbon Robotics has come up with a robotic laser weed burner. It is an autonomous machine that can burn weeds in 25 to 30 acres a day. It can work around the clock unattended.

www.carbonrobotics.com

They have a couple versions. The fully autonomous one costs $1,200,000.00

I can’t remember if I saw it here or on another site, but a company out of Seattle named Carbon Robotics has come up with a robotic laser weed burner. It is an autonomous machine that can burn weeds in 25 to 30 acres a day. It can work around the clock unattended.

www.carbonrobotics.com

They have a couple versions. The fully autonomous one costs $1,200,000.00
I'd darned near pay that for something to do the same thing with mosquitoes and other biting flies...

Treated myself to a Kayes oil can.

Not bad at £15 posted considering the prices some of them fetch these days.

Kayes oil can.png

I needed another gravity feed oil can, so went with what I knew would work for me. Should make a nice comparator to the Braimes 1/2 pint oil can I have.

A sample assortment of 1” deep Schaller plastic boxes.
Today I bought more Schaller boxes, this time 2” deep. These are unbelievably handy!

I also got a General Tools 123ME pocket caliper for those quick and dirty measurements and a Park Tool JH-1 benchtop small parts organizer :geek:

IMG_6536.jpeg

Edit: Added an image of the organizer.

Last edited:
Today, I bought more Schaller boxes, this time 2” deep. These are unbelievably handy!

I also got a General Tools 123ME pocket caliper for those quick and dirty measurements and a Park Tool JH-1 benchtop small parts organizer :geek:
They are good, I have some. Do you have a 3d printer? I've made some boxes. Modeled them in FreeCAD. They're not quite as nice as the Schaller's but I can make them just about any size. My boxes don't quite nest. (One day I will tackle that!). I printed up 9 boxes for sorting pellets, which was very handy. Also a few more to hold small bits of hardware/screws/small parts in the shop. You know, those little screws that go rolling away and fall into the slots of your mill?

I have an older one. it weeps oil and is not much better than the old eagle ones I have. plus, it is twice as heavy.
They are heavy for their size, but I kind of like the weight of it. I really hope this one doesn’t end up weeping oil, that’s not fun.
I’ve never had or even used an Eagle.

They are good, I have some. Do you have a 3d printer? I've made some boxes. Modeled them in FreeCAD. They're not quite as nice as the Schaller's but I can make them just about any size. My boxes don't quite nest. (One day I will tackle that!). I printed up 9 boxes for sorting pellets, which was very handy. Also a few more to hold small bits of hardware/screws/small parts in the shop. You know, those little screws that go rolling away and fall into the slots of your mill?
We have an Ultimaker S3 at the local library that one can use for practically free (The material fee is fixed: a whopping 90 cents :grin big:).

I have used the printer for smaller projects, but in my case the amount of boxes required is in hundreds.

We have an Ultimaker S3 at the local library that one can use for practically free (The material fee is fixed: a whopping 90 cents :grin big:).

I have used the printer for smaller projects, but in my case the amount of boxes required is in hundreds.
In that case, buy them! Take quite a while to make hundreds with just about any 3d printer. I just needed a dozen so I designed one up and printed them in two batches.

Back