What Did You Buy Today?

RF 30 clone, you can do good work with that. I had one branded Harbor Freight, it’s pretty heavy so make sure your workbench is up to it.

John
The temporary workbench it's temporarily going to just sit on is a cheapy thing, but should handle the static weight. I wouldn't dream of using the mill on that bench though.:eek:

What it ends up being bolted to and used on will be part of my considerations for this part of the workshop and also have knock on consequences for the eventual overall layout (note, I didn't say 'final layout', I think we all know how hollow that phrase is :grin:), so I'd like to do the most optimal job I can.

I do have a cheapy little flux core welder that apparently is better than its specs and so I'm idly toying with the idea of building a bench out of 40mm box section. The problem with that is that, whilst I now have the gear (including the necessary PPE), I definitely have no idea! A bench holding up this mill probably, shouldn't be my first welding project.;)

Eh, I'll work something out, probably with the help of others who know what they're talking about; AKA the members of this place.;)

Which one? Analine? I don't know of any good uses for that. We used to use CCl4 to wash out glassware.
Nah, the Analine isn't much use in the shop except as a feedstock. There are ways to cook that stuff into explosives or drugs, but not very convenient for the hobby machinist. It's the starting point for anodizing dyes, but really a lot of steps short. The CCl4 will utterly destroy your kidneys and liver, but it's the simple chems that are the most useful and the most toxic. That's the physical universe for ya.
Why does that Cyclohexane say solubilized with NaOH? I wonder what it's pH is?
That one is a little different, it's cyclohexene. Also a feedstock for reactions and not useful in the shop.

So speaking of heat , I have to re-charge my AC units on the F-250 and the Civic . I've recharged older vehicles but not these newer vehicles . Heard you could do damage if you don't know how ( which I don't ) . I believe hooking up the bottles on the lower port with the AC running and fill to the air inside gets down to 45 degrees . Is this correct ?

So speaking of heat , I have to re-charge my AC units on the F-250 and the Civic . I've recharged older vehicles but not these newer vehicles . Heard you could do damage if you don't know how ( which I don't ) . I believe hooking up the bottles on the lower point with the AC running and fill to the air inside gets down to 45 degrees . Is this correct ?
Best way is with an accurate outside temperature and a set of gauges that will read the high and low side. Then you just add until you're in band on the pressure/temperature chart for your given refrigerant

Back