What Did You Buy Today?

I didn't, technically, buy it today but it was delivered today.

77" flat screen TV.

Did I need it? No.
Did I want it? A little.
Why did I buy it? Because my 65 network kept blipping out and it annoyed me.
What did the little lady say? Nothing because I'd rather have a 77" TV than someone disappointed in everything I do (AKA I am single).

I didn't, technically, buy it today but it was delivered today.

77" flat screen TV.

Did I need it? No.
Did I want it? A little.
Why did I buy it? Because my 65 network kept blipping out and it annoyed me.
What did the little lady say? Nothing because I'd rather have a 77" TV than someone disappointed in everything I do (AKA I am single).
Registered to win (yeah, sure) a 77" TV from Xfinity, nut I don't know where I would put it if I were to win – where are you going to put yours?

Registered to win (yeah, sure) a 77" TV from Xfinity, nut I don't know where I would put it if I were to win – where are you going to put yours?
I have a 65" mounted on the wall that has the door to my under stairs storage. I live in a development community where there are 4 home plans and they either flip them left or right depending on what the buyer preferred. I've been in all 4 designs and most everyone has their TV on this wall. So that's where mine is and will still be.
I was actually going to get an 86" but that wall won't accommodate a TV that size and still be able to get into the under stairs storage. 77 is even pushing it.

How so did the belt grinder particles made it past the vacuum cleaner filter?
I’d have to dig for the threads I saw but search the knife maker forums if you’re interested. Biggest problem comes when systems are used for different materials and one is combustible. But, folks have reported issues even with just metal. You’ll see the industrial version of the cyclone is built in steel, not plastic.

Not telling you not to use it as I don’t even have one. Just saying reading up on them convinced me not to purchase for my intended use.

John

I’d have to dig for the threads I saw but search the knife maker forums if you’re interested. Biggest problem comes when systems are used for different materials and one is combustible. But, folks have reported issues even with just metal. You’ll see the industrial version of the cyclone is built in steel, not plastic.

Not telling you not to use it as I don’t even have one. Just saying reading up on them convinced me not to purchase for my intended use.

John
Interesting I guess the particles grind the plastic out. Well good to know will not use it for the grinder. Thanks a lot man

Interesting I guess the particles grind the plastic out. Well good to know will not use it for the grinder. Thanks a lot man
I just thought I’d pass along my impression. Suggest you do your own research.

John

Be careful with using those with metal grinding. A little research convinced me not to try with a belt grinder.

John

You mean sparks igniting sawdust or oil in a mixed-use system, or something else?

Edit: oops sorry I see you already answered above. I use one for swarf and general use; I haven’t used it while grinding, only cleaning the shop later. It does seem unreasonably risky to allow sparks into a system like that; I’d definitely want a spark arrestor before the cyclone.

I haven’t seen meaningful wear in my plastic cyclones, but I’m just a single, occasional user.

Edit 2: I should say, I’m a big fan of cyclonic separation; I now have several: shopvacs, central vac, and woodworking 5hp.

Last edited:
Back