The Voron kit build thread

I have a similar setup using a GL-AR750S portable wifi router that we use in the camping trailer. It also creates a small wifi and wired network that we use to connect the trailer TV to a small server for movies and so on. What makes this wifi router more useful is it's ability to connect to my phone's wifi hotspot (or other sources) and bridge access to the internet through the cellular network or most any other internet source. With a setup like this you can get access to the internet when needed, but don't have to have it all the time. It is a tiny portable private network box with lots of useful features.

Last edited:
I'm scrapping the touchscreen ideal and putting in the Mini12864 that came with the kit. I'm on the second Amazon touchscreen that displays fine, but touch won't work no matter how much google searchin and command line *******t I do. I'll keep them for the day I get a Raspberry Pi and feel like trying again. Or, perhaps I'll hange them from a tree @ 600 yards and work them over with my FN SPR.

I spent the better part of the day working on the electrical stuff. You guys are in for a treat when you start routing the wiring through the cable chains. I'll probably have nightmares tonight about drowning in a giant bowl of spaghetti, or wrestling with a giant squid or something?

Sorry you are having trouble with the touchscreen. Hopefully that will be easier with a real Pi.

What did your kit come with in terms of wiring and cables for the cable chain? Do you have to make up cables or is it plug and play?

Last edited:
I've been working slowly on the Trident toolhead. I have PIF plastic for the Afterburner toolhead but the LDO kit didn't include the right fan for that, so I obtained a 4020 24V fan and fitted that to the toolhead today. The Dragon hotend is in place, and the LGX extruder. Still to do is workout mounting for the toolhead PCB and cablechain end and all the wire management on the toolhead. I'm trying to work with the ABS PIF parts and avoid printing ABS on the MK3.

Just noticed that there were some CM4 boards tonite at the pishop.us, already gone, probably not a big batch. Would have been good for Klipper, either on a carrier board or on a Manta controller board. There are still some in Germany, but it is difficult and expensive to get boards from there.

Sorry you are having trouble with the touchscreen. What did your kit come with in terms of wiring and cables for the cable chain?
It came with all of the needs wires, plugs pre-installed. The kit was honestly pretty good. I have no complaints about the kit quality.

Of course, because I'm going with the stealthburner I have to do some customizing, but nothing difficult there.

The cable chains have little gates that pop off for access. One per link :oops:. There are a lot of wires, and they're about 6ft long, in order to make it all the way through the cable chains. It's very, very easy to end up with a tangled mess. Now that I've done it once, it would be alot easier to do again.

If you stay organized, and take your time it'll go smoothly.

I got a lot done today. The fashorge is printing the mini12864 housing now, and a custom rear center skirt to accommodate a pair of wifi router style antennas.

Ill finish up the limit switches and cable chain stuffing tomorrow.

Pre-wired cables save a lot of time, though they are slightly harder to route through the chains than wire bundles since the connectors pretty much require opening the chain gates. The Voron 2.4 has a bit more cable length and more chains than the Trident, due to the moving gantry.

I need to work out mounting for the LDO/Hartk toolhead breakout board. The LGX presents slightly different mounting than they expected. Shouldn't be too hard and it will change later anyway.

The mount that came with PIF for the SuperPinda inductive sensor needs to be reamed out a bit to fit. Also the holes for the short bowden tube between the extruder and the hotend seem to be too small, so some fitting to do there. Mostly cleaning up the holes with a drill bit should do it.

Looks like you are almost ready for smoke testing.

Pre-wired cables save a lot of time, though they are slightly harder to route through the chains than wire bundles since the connectors pretty much require opening the chain gates. The Voron 2.4 has a bit more cable length and more chains than the Trident, due to the moving gantry.

I need to work out mounting for the LDO/Hartk toolhead breakout board. The LGX presents slightly different mounting than they expected. Shouldn't be too hard and it will change later anyway.

The mount that came with PIF for the SuperPinda inductive sensor needs to be reamed out a bit to fit. Also the holes for the short bowden tube between the extruder and the hotend seem to be too small, so some fitting to do there. Mostly cleaning up the holes with a drill bit should do it.

Looks like you are almost ready for smoke testing.

I just did, about 5 minutes ago.

So far, nothing caught on fire and the only things that lit up are things that (probably) are supposed to.

Now I need to figure out where/how to fix this in the config text file.

1669758267261.png

Back