The Voron kit build thread

Found an interesting belt tension gauge. They recommend PETG but I printed one in the PLA+ that was already on the machine, and used it to check the MK3 and the Trident belts. The Prusa was at 2.0, as was one of the Trident belts, so I adjusted the other Trident belt from 1.5 to 2.0. I printed the "Rev1 Lite for 6mm" version.

Last edited:
beltTensionGauge.JPG

Found an interesting belt tension gauge. They recommend PETG but I printed one in the PLA+ that was already on the machine, and used it to check the MK3 and the Trident belts. The Prusa was at 2.0, as was one of the Trident belts, so I adjusted the other Trident belt from 1.5 to 2.0. I printed the "Rev1 Lite for 6mm" version.

I needed one of those. I'll print one tomorrow after work, so I can set my belt tension.

I'm going to have to adjust the design of the Z axis end stop switch housing. The Voron design has no screw holes. Not even start hole.

And the 2mm "self tapping" screws are close to the edges, so they just displace material and split the housing at the sides. It also protrudes too far below the t-slot rail and forces the plastic bottom panel down several mm. It's a cool design, but it needs a little TLC from Alibre Design.

You guys probably thought I dropped off of the face of the Earth. The truth is, I have been busy with work, getting ready for us to host Thanksgiving and deer hunting. Got some shop time this morning. I made an aluminum plate (.060") that will be glued to the plastic sheet under the build plate. Hopefully, eliminate any chance of warping but also to reflect heat upwards toward the build chamber.

I can still not get my Orange Pi 3 LTS up and running. It seems like every time I feel like I am getting somewhere, I end up two steps back. Lately, the issue is not even getting past the login and password without a login fail. Working on getting this thing back to square one and starting over.
@Ken226 I know that you are using a OPi 4, and I am wondering if that would be a better choice for me anyhow. It appears that it has headers for LCD/Camera, which, if they are for a touch LCD screen, that would be easier to set up than the OPi 3 LTS that I have.

One fellow I know gets frustrated and reinstalls the OS on the Raspberry Pi when he gets stuck. This often results in major problems and nothing seeming to work properly. I suspect that his network gets confused and this adds to the problems.

I'm reviewing my on-hand toolhead parts. The PIF parts were made before StealthBurner was released, so it includes AfterBurner / Clockwork 1, and I requested LGX and Dragon parts so those were included. I think I'll go with AfterBurner / LGX / Dragon to start with, so as to not add more delays to the project and to avoid printing ABS on the MK3 which it is not set up for. I will have to watch the motor cabling and current for the LGX as it may differ from the provided wiring harness. Upgrading to StealthBurner / Revo / Tap can occur later. Speaking of which, Tap was scheduled to be released prior to today, haven't heard that it was yet.

I have mounts for the Super Pinda inductive probe, and the LDO kit came with Klicky parts, but we don't have printed parts for that. So perhaps I'll start with the Super Pinda just to keep things simple.

Last edited:
You guys probably thought I dropped off of the face of the Earth. The truth is, I have been busy with work, getting ready for us to host Thanksgiving and deer hunting. Got some shop time this morning. I made an aluminum plate (.060") that will be glued to the plastic sheet under the build plate. Hopefully, eliminate any chance of warping but also to reflect heat upwards toward the build chamber.

I can still not get my Orange Pi 3 LTS up and running. It seems like every time I feel like I am getting somewhere, I end up two steps back. Lately, the issue is not even getting past the login and password without a login fail. Working on getting this thing back to square one and starting over.
@Ken226 I know that you are using a OPi 4, and I am wondering if that would be a better choice for me anyhow. It appears that it has headers for LCD/Camera, which, if they are for a touch LCD screen, that would be easier to set up than the OPi 3 LTS that I have.
From what I understand, the only display that is guaranteed plug &play for these things is a 10".

The rest, seem to be made to work via some weird Linux command line voodo, written in Klingon by 16 year olds between games of Dungeons & Dragons.

My 5" screen works fine for display, but getting the touch screen to work probably isn't going to happen. Way over my head.

I ordered a 4.3" Waveshare "USB touch" screen, that some have reported can be set up by normal people.

It's too bad your having trouble. Did you boot up with SD card, then do an update, then flat it to the EMMC, in that order? Using Putty?

After getting putty set up and connected to the O'pi, I copied/pasted the commands from the first post in this thread.

Except, I used Debian instead of Armbian.

Last edited:
The rest, seem to be made to work via some weird Linux command line voodo, written in Klingon by 16 year olds between games of Dungeons & Dragons.
Right?! This Linux is some weirdo stuff.
I might be making some progress now. I have my monitor, keyboard, and mouse hooked up and I am currently installing Klipper via WiFi. We shall see...

Right?! This Linux is some weirdo stuff.
I might be making some progress now. I have my monitor, keyboard, and mouse hooked up and I am currently installing Klipper via WiFi. We shall see...

Great!

After I got everything installed, connected to the octopus board and it's firmware flashed, I just left it running. It's still laying on the wife's little coffee table, stand thing that sits under the wall mounted TV.

I saved it's IP address to my favorites list, in my phone. Every now and then I connect to it, just to see if it's going to be stable.

It's been running for several days now, trouble free.

It's a pain to get set up, but once you do you probably won't have to mess with it again.

Last edited:
I generally document the process so if I need to do it again it is easy to. Often listing the steps helps find errors in the process.

Back