Smithy lead screws/nuts

Thanks Michael: I don't have your E-mail address but mine is spottswood3@gmail.com. I don't use PayPal because of an issue I had with them in the past, but I can mail you a check or give a credit card if you prefer. With all the issues you ran into, I think you may want me to charge a bit more than what you first quoted, so please let me know and I will get a check out to you immediately.
Hey Peyton, a check will work fine just send it to the address I provided before. $95 x 2 parts + $10 shipping, $200 total. No worries on any extra cost, this is a learning process for me and you don’t need to pay for my inexperience, a deal is a deal.

I don’t think I will be making anymore of these parts anytime soon. I have a go-kart project to finish and I would really like a new lathe before I make more. Switching from mill to lathe is time consuming and my worn out smithy is less than accurate, more like +/-0.003. New these machines advertised +/-0.001. I saw a good deal on an Enco 13x40 the other day, I just need to save my pennies up.

Hey Peyton, a check will work fine just send it to the address I provided before. $95 x 2 parts + $10 shipping, $200 total. No worries on any extra cost, this is a learning process for me and you don’t need to pay for my inexperience, a deal is a deal.

I don’t think I will be making anymore of these parts anytime soon. I have a go-kart project to finish and I would really like a new lathe before I make more. Switching from mill to lathe is time consuming and my worn out smithy is less than accurate, more like +/-0.003. New these machines advertised +/-0.001. I saw a good deal on an Enco 13x40 the other day, I just need to save my pennies up.
Great, thanks Michael. I am mailing your check today. Peyton

Michael:

Hopefully you have received my check by now. I think I already sent you my physical address but in case I did not, it's Peyton Mathis, 3625 Oak Grove Circle, Montgomery, AL 36116. I'm looking forward to seeing how the new parts work.

Michael:

Hopefully you have received my check by now. I think I already sent you my physical address but in case I did not, it's Peyton Mathis, 3625 Oak Grove Circle, Montgomery, AL 36116. I'm looking forward to seeing how the new parts work.
Hey Peyton,
I just shipped your package via UPS, tracking number 1ZW307Y30395026858. It should arrive by Friday.

Be sure to hand feed the lead screw and make sure nothing binds up before putting it under power. I did my best to deburr everything, but I have yet to see what a good part looks like and what Smithy may have done to the leading edge of each tooth to help with engagement. You may need to do some hand fitting. I’m going to do the same to my machine this weekend and install the new part. Let me know how everything works out.

Just an FYI, the lead screw threads on my Smithy are metric trapezoidal. I bought a TR20 x 2.5 tap and it worked perfect.

Thanks Zoona12987: I received Half nuts that Michael built for me and they appear to be exactly what I needed. I have not had a chance to actually install one yet, but as soon as I do, I'll let everyone know how they work.

Back