POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

Yep, but that’s what I had to work with. When they delivered the siding there were half a dozen 18’ 6x6’s. I couldn’t bear to put them into the landfill (recycling).

My lot is very small so I have to make use of every square inch. The spot where my “shed” is used to have one built from a conduit shade structure. Still need to get the roof on there but really happy with the progress I’ve made for almost no additional cash.

John
no worries, I just took the opportunity to tie the two threads together. I'm glad you are using them. 18' holy cow. I have some ideas, but I would need some more of them. Thinking pole barn shop.

today was "AC drain drooling" day. Fun cleaning things out. Geeze, but I hate these drain connectors!
1868efdd8bb02a2ad95ec816d5f5254c.jpg
d74184a9f0318e91ae090475bc59767a.jpg

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Completed the installation of the Baldor motor, link belts and motor isolation mount at 2am. Put your hand on the headstock or anywhere on the lathe castings and it's very calm now. Gone is the nasty buzzing and vibrations in the lathe castings from the factory metal on metal motor mount.

ml39.jpg

ml41.jpg

ml40.jpg

Inherited this 3/4 drive ratchet years ago. It been missing the change lever since I got it.

Made the knob previously, but repurposed it for the ratchet. Clearance isn't an issue, so fix will do.

Press fit with a set screw.

Attachments

• IMG_0701.jpeg
    IMG_0701.jpeg
    210.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0699.jpeg
    IMG_0699.jpeg
    171.1 KB · Views: 25
Inherited this 3/4 drive ratchet years ago. It been missing the change lever since I got it.

Made the knob previously, but repurposed it for the ratchet. Clearance isn't an issue, so fix will do.

Press fit with a set screw.

Is it me, or does that Ratchet look like it has a happy, smiling face?

Made this today, an o-ring gizmo out of 1144 to stretch an NBR90 o-ring from 4mm to 7mm to just slide onto a high pressure air probe. This took way too long to make. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out how to do about a 5 degree taper on my lathe, something or another was fouling. Had to do steps and then blend the stepped structure using a lathe file.
PXL_20240903_220630702.jpg

Back