POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

Finished the lathe spider. I may have to source different brass tipped bolts. But for now it will do. There is a small chip out in the countersunk area of the set screw, but overall I'm happy with the experience.
View attachment 501658View attachment 501659View attachment 501660
Nice job. You know, you can make your own brass tipped screws, fairly easily. Face the bottom of the bolt flat, drill it. Turn a brass piece. Press the brass piece into the hole. Turn the tip so it is smaller, so the spider could hold a smaller diameter than the full size bolts will allow.

Finished the back hoe attachment for the bobcat.

Used grade 8 bolts for pins for the areas reworked.

The area that broke had a bent and cracked pin, 1.125 diameter.

The bolts prevent the material from flexing.

The doubler plates are welded on.

The feet are free now, they were froze before.

Replaced many zerks, good to go.
0709f2b71225122f77e89a8686f204e1.jpg
f657c6307ddd90168d21fc1f78637e5a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

IMG_5233.jpeg

Wood….

Built a workbench for the wife out of mostly repurposed or scrap materials. 6x6 lumber that came as dunnage from our siding install. Drawers that used to be part of a home built reloading table I picked up a while back. Pressure treated wood and Trex decking material that was scrap. Even some of the screws I used were reclaimed from other projects. Working with twisted, warped beams is a special kind of challenge for someone used to measuring thousandths.

It’s attached to a “temporary” shed built from the same 6x6 dunnage and some gazebo hardware from Amazon. Nothings bolted to the concrete but it’s not going anywhere and the bench should take anything the wife or I can throw at it.

Think I spent about $30 on fasteners I didn’t have laying around.

those legs are wayyyyyyyyyyyy overkill. you can drive an overloaded F750 with gravel over it. :laughing:
Yep, but that’s what I had to work with. When they delivered the siding there were half a dozen 18’ 6x6’s. I couldn’t bear to put them into the landfill (recycling).

My lot is very small so I have to make use of every square inch. The spot where my “shed” is used to have one built from a conduit shade structure. Still need to get the roof on there but really happy with the progress I’ve made for almost no additional cash.

John

Back