POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

Some people shouldn't be wearing bikinis ..................................jus sayin .
Look, I'm all for letting people express themselves, but seriously mate, no-one wants to see a mature man in a bikinis; that's a long time to be awake I know, but I don't know what you were thinking!

We can all just be glad you've now recognised the error of your ways. :encourage:

:grin::grin::grin::grin:

I would suggest you do a little research and buy a good lock as well. Madison is a college town with around 35,000 students at the University of Wisconsin.

Every year between 300 and 600 bikes are stolen. It’s big business with most being transported out of state or parted out

Just last week someone had a $7,000.00 bike stolen from a locked garage.

I would suggest you do a little research and buy a good lock as well. Madison is a college town with around 35,000 students at the University of Wisconsin.

Every year between 300 and 600 bikes are stolen. It’s big business with most being transported out of state or parted out

Just last week someone had a $7,000.00 bike stolen from a locked garage.

This is why, whenever I go anywhere my bike either goes into the establishment with me, or I sit with it outside and it never leaves my sight.

Even "diamond standard" Krypton locks are no match these days thanks to certain methods used by thieves.

I bought her one of the 9xx series Kryptonite chain locks so she'll be using that. It won't prevent a determined thief from stealing her bike, but it should hopefully stop a lazy one.
Very nice! My old bikes haven't made it into the disk brake era, still in the side pull caliper time zone.
thanks! I don't miss rim brakes one little bit :)

I bought her one of the 9xx series Kryptonite chain locks so she'll be using that. It won't prevent a determined thief from stealing her bike, but it should hopefully stop a lazy one.

thanks! I don't miss rim brakes one little bit :)

Calliper brakes made/make you have to think ahead, plan ahead and be ready to stop. A great tool for teaching thinking ahead, a skill that is required of drivers that now seems very lacking given the morons on the roads these days.

[edit by mod]

Last edited by a moderator:
Cut up a bed frame (great source of cheap angle for un-important projects). Welded it up to fit a cabinet I have, that the previous owner put a wood ply base on to support the wheels. Have to make the mounts for the wheels , I may use some square tubing, as I want to raise the cabinet so I can slide my car jack underneath. I have to sand blast the wheels, they are heavily rusted, but nice wheels.

Attachments

• PXL_20240818_214733949.jpg
    PXL_20240818_214733949.jpg
    471.6 KB · Views: 16
  • PXL_20240818_214758001.jpg
    PXL_20240818_214758001.jpg
    494 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Back