POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

The DP’s base is 18x12. I will place it centered on the top panel.

Caster are what I could find in my stash. All lock from rolling, but not from swivel.

It is going here, replacing that DP that is there. So not like I will be moving it around once I move it there…

View attachment 497059
I hope it is good enough…

I regret getting rid of the old stand… but too late for that now…

Old photo before I painted the DP.

View attachment 497060

Still might change the height… easy to do.

And nice 911 in the background.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

First thing I did was change the AC compressor clutch plate on my truck. There is a rubber ring that just falls apart. Crawled under the thing with the impact, took out the 10mm bolt and slid off the old one. I transferred the shims over to the new one then installed it. Now the AC works.IMG_7087.jpeg Next I threw the diving head into a bucket with two gallons of evaporust and just gotta wait and hope it frees it up.IMG_7088.jpeg
My friend called me and asked if I wanted to help work on his car so I went over and helped him. We sanded the existing paint and masked everything off the sprayed on some primer. It got some new fenders and hood and the rest of the paint was shot so it needed it. It had a straight six but will now get an upgrade. Here’s a picture of before and the engine, did not get a picture after it was primed.IMG_7090.png

@Braeden P
Be aware that Evaporust will etch a line at the meniscus, on parts not fully immersed.
The reason is that rust will start at the meniscus and Evaporust will convert the rust, and so on, continuously. Don't let any important features cross the meniscus or use enough Evaporust to fully immerse everything.

Not so much what I made, but what I unmade.

Started back in 2019 trying to make my own mill.

Learned a whole bunch along the way but now it's just taking up space I need in my new, smaller shop which has a 12x36 lathe and baby Bridgeport.

Got a whole bunch of screws now, will repurpose or sell whatever is left ( I see some giant parallels, maybe a CNC lathe, welding table....

1721018593827.png

If you're working on a CNC conversion reach out, I may have something you can use.

John

I can officially say, some progress has been made on the crane.

IMG_20240715_192613450.jpg

I can also say, I hate painting. First color coat down. It will need another coat, maybe tomorrow.

I can also say, I did not notice until posting this, that is the same piece of cardboard my kids used to paint a bedframe black, many years ago now.
No idea why 'zero' with a stick figure. Kids...

Last edited:
New 4" exhaust for the old Ram 3500 no more breathing partially burned diesel on a cold fire up Yippy.
Replacement Relays should show in the AM to fix the stuck on left turn signal for the trailer .which has been running the batteries down.

Attachments

• PXL_20240717_021145931.jpg
    PXL_20240717_021145931.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 31
Back