POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

I would have used the industrial paint. When you apply these, it's best to thin them a little for brushing and do light coats. Wait 24-48 hours, then recoat. And your prep is most important
I clean thoroughly, Mineral Spirits to clean, then if I can, I boil in a TSP solution to release the oil in the pores. Then I rinse and hit it with mineral spirits to prevent flash rust. That's what I do.

Any other suggestions? I'm just about to start putting paint on the crane project (Finally!). Using the hardware store version of Rustoleum, primer followed by paint. This isn't dead clean, and I'm not spending the time to get it there. Wire wheeled the surfaces to remove as much junk as possible. What's left isn't loose.

I'll wipe it down once or twice, and paint with a oil based paint. Brush and small roller.

PrepSoFar.jpg

On a side note, when the wire wheel starts to throw shrapnel everywhere, it's probably due to be replaced... lol.
NotLikeTheOthers.jpg

Quinn just completed a fixture plate for Her rotary table (on Patreon now, will probably go public soon)1”+ thick MIC 6, was going to do radial but decided to go with a grid for easier locations.

Excellent movie! Definitely recommended.

On other news... I will never grown up...
Reminds me of my former workplace before I retired, a lot of us were over 55. Our production floor referred to our quality engineer area as "Jurassic Park"; you know, the place where all of the dinosaurs hang out!

Quinn just completed a fixture plate for Her rotary table (on Patreon now, will probably go public soon)1”+ thick MIC 6, was going to do radial but decided to go with a grid for easier locations.
This is a project that is on my list to do. I have a 10" rotary Table and it never seems to be big enough.

This is a project that is on my list to do. I have a 10" rotary Table and it never seems to be big enough.

I have a 5” plate on my 4” table (both Sherline, a good fit for my Mini-Lathe); the plate has 10-32 (Sherline standard) holes on 1” grid.

A paying job but the old Monarch is throwing hot chips everywhere. :oops:
View attachment 496749
View attachment 496750
I have a 20 X 20 garage and there isn't a single spot that hasn't been visited by renegade chips. I saw a chip coral on here a month or 2 back and I am looking to get one, it attached to the carriage, was clear and made an arc over the tool area.

I use to think Machinist were the cleanest shop people because every time I saw one he was sweeping around his machines; NOW I know its just because they didn't want to stand on those chips any more than I do,

I have a 20 X 20 garage and there isn't a single spot that hasn't been visited by renegade chips. I saw a chip coral on here a month or 2 back and I am looking to get one, it attached to the carriage, was clear and made an arc over the tool area.

I use to think Machinist were the cleanest shop people because every time I saw one he was sweeping around his machines; NOW I know its just because they didn't want to stand on those chips any more than I do,
it is amazing how far chips can get flung.

Back