POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

I also live in a heavily wooded place and it is amazing how quickly trees and brush grow back to cover even significant cuts like these. Especially when there is a reliable water supply.
That's very true and I realize that they can't get in there to dredge otherwise, I'm just partial to pretty shaded rivers

That's one heck of a brush hog Bruce! I understand why they do it that way and the need for access for dredging, but that's really uglified that river.
Some pluses and minuses. On the plus side, it gives me easier access to the back end of our property. I cut, split and stack around 8 full cords of firewood a year. I've never had to take a large, live tree, but some of the deadfall rots away unharvested because it takes too much work to get to it. Another plus (hopefully) is when they dredge the river, they dump what they dig on the low spots on the trail. We have around 10 acres that pretty much floods out every spring. The river clean-out project is ongoing; they do 2-4 miles of the river every year. Hopefully, building up our river dike and clearing the path downstream will help with the flooding though our house is never at risk.

On the down side, not only do I end up with better access, but trespassers do also. I usually don't worry about it as people fishing the river don't do any harm. Or deer hunters just walking the river trail. We'll be putting up some signs which are about as effective as "10 items or less only" check out lanes. Seems like I'm always behind someone with 50 items who either can't read or can't do the math.

Bruce

Last edited:
I wish the government would dredge out the Feather River where the farm is. It has filled in with sand to the point a person can walk across the river at low flows. It’s sand that has washed down from the hydraulic gold mines.

Had a productive day. Finished up a couple of small projects, including a boring bar bushing for my facing head
IMG20220731140740.jpgIMG20220731145229.jpg
Then cut a bunch of metal and tried "bundling" a bunch of smaller rods. Worked really well with a 4tpi blade
IMG20220731160313.jpg
Then made the tools I needed to change the bearings in the rear wheel of my road bike. It's had clown steering for several weeks so hopefully this will fix it. Didn't make the splined ring removal tool, bought that off Amazon :) The whoopsie on the one at the front was from when it got jammed between the chuck and the carriage wing after parting off. That made me jump!
IMG20220731190529.jpgIMG20220731185520.jpg

Back