My old back vs my rotary table

Lighting would be easy enough to move.
I don't want to move the lighting. It's exactly where I need it. This thread isn't about my lathe anyway. The eyelet drops between the lights into the corner of the table and y axis. It's pretty much spot on where I need it.

I can load the lathe with my engine hoist.

I installed over head trolleys with chain hoist in my 2 main shops. Inside my insect proof room I have a table on casters and adapted it to a motorcycle lift.I destroyed my back in 2012 so bending over and picking anything from the floor is a good way for me to fall over. I have 2 hydraulic engine hoist ,6 floor jacks,3 overhead trolleys with rolling chain hoist, 1 modified motorcycle lift table and the largest hydraulic lawn mower lift that Harbor Freight sells. 2 tow trucks with winches one farm tractor with hydraulic cherry picker on the front. I just wish I had of bought our almost new Clark dual tire fork lift when the plant sold it. It had very little use and was sold for $2500 because it did not have a back up alarm on it. I didn't know it was for sale until it had already been sold to one of our contractors. Kind of like one of those Secret auction things. LOL Even the guy from Clarklift said he could have installed a backup alarm for pennies.

what I want is the Star Trek transporter to materialize my accessories where they need to be, and store them in the buffer when not in use:grin:

I could use that for a couple cars!

Another way to consider is to install a length of unistrut, and use a unistrut trolley which rides inside the unistrut channel
That way you have ability to overhead roll whatever you are lifting to another area..

That's what I have planned. The eyelet thing would work but I have another table in the way of rolling anything in there close to the mill. With the unistrut I can left the the vice or rotary table up and over the other table.

I knew there would be the day where I wouldn't be able to lift some of my accessories easily. I'm not old yet but with a semi bad back & arthritis starting to kick in, that time is coming sooner than I thought. And I only have small hobby size stuff.

Here's my planned solution, I got this years ago before I actually needed it. I still don't use it much now but I probably should.

Those furniture dollies are great, I keep multiple on hand for all sorts of uses.

View attachment 500992View attachment 500993
Hi, I like your idea, where did you get the small cart? Thank you!

Back