My first Northern Lights :-)

So the blockage was root intrusion right at the septic tanks diverter T.
so it took them from 7 until 2.
Glad I had a 55 gallon drum to collect the water/effuse from the cleanouts. They struggled to find it. Finally realizing that it had to be the pipe out to the holding tank. The snake with a rotor tip had lots of trouble cleaning it out.
I'm going to have a cleanout put in near the tank, and at the same time dig out the roots. But we are back in business now.

They had a VEVOR plumbers video camera.. pretty nice image, with a few hundred feet of line on the reel.
I blew out one of my joints from all the pressure, and of course blew out a wax ring from the pressure. Which destroyed a ceiling tile (have to buy a case to replace 1 tile), and luckily missed my maple and beech workbench. (just splatter).
my arbor press has taken multiple hits. I may have to paint it after a cleanup.

I can't wait to see the bill.. 2 guys going full steam ... the 55gallon drum was more than 1/2 filled, glad I had it.
Previous house had a well and septic; this one has well and public sewer: while I’d also like to have public water, given the choice of the two, I’d go with sewer every time.

Previous house had a well and septic; this one has well and public sewer: while I’d also like to have public water, given the choice of the two, I’d go with sewer every time.
Doesn't mean you can't get a root intrusion having sewer. Many municipalities in nj charge you for sewer based on water usage. So, if you water your lawn you want a well for that. To avoid the excessive charges.

Doesn't mean you can't get a root intrusion having sewer. Many municipalities in nj charge you for sewer based on water usage. So, if you water your lawn you want a well for that. To avoid the excessive charges.
A lot of municipalities bill that way, but many that do allow you to have a separate meter for hoses, sprinklers & pool maintenance (one-time extra cost, but since sewer is 5x - 10x water it’s worth it).

Have had roots get in older systems, but the cutter takes care of them.

Back