My first Northern Lights :-)

Broken pipe most likely . Had to bust thru my patio a couple years back to repair one . Snake wouldn't do the job .

Just a very faint purplish glow was visible from my location.

My phone didn't do so hot for these, but the wife's phone did OK.

These were fully visible by eye. I haven't seen colors this vivid since the late 90's here in Michigan. We had 360 degree complete sky coverage last night. Even talked the teenager into coming out to watch them with us.

She must have taken about 500 photos last night. Even the kid was like "Mom, Stop!". Northern lights are something she's always wanted to see. She has seen a few white streaks in the past, but nothing like this before.

Attachments

• 55520.jpeg
    55520.jpeg
    52.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 55519.jpeg
    55519.jpeg
    38.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 55517.jpeg
    55517.jpeg
    43.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 55515.jpeg
    55515.jpeg
    50.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 55491.jpeg
    55491.jpeg
    58.5 KB · Views: 15
Going out to take the dog for a final. I'll check it out. I failed to clear a problem with my sewer line, so having a plumber early. Even with a 50 ft snake, I can't get the thing clear. Not sure wtf is going on. It punches through all the way
Last blockage we had they pulled out a rat ; they were screwing around in the sewers verifying location before boring & pulling a gas line in the neighborhood so I figured he snuck in and then wanted to get warm. Scared the s_ _ t out of the plumber!

So the blockage was root intrusion right at the septic tanks diverter T.
so it took them from 7 until 2.
Glad I had a 55 gallon drum to collect the water/effuse from the cleanouts. They struggled to find it. Finally realizing that it had to be the pipe out to the holding tank. The snake with a rotor tip had lots of trouble cleaning it out.
I'm going to have a cleanout put in near the tank, and at the same time dig out the roots. But we are back in business now.

They had a VEVOR plumbers video camera.. pretty nice image, with a few hundred feet of line on the reel.
I blew out one of my joints from all the pressure, and of course blew out a wax ring from the pressure. Which destroyed a ceiling tile (have to buy a case to replace 1 tile), and luckily missed my maple and beech workbench. (just splatter).
my arbor press has taken multiple hits. I may have to paint it after a cleanup.

I can't wait to see the bill.. 2 guys going full steam ... the 55gallon drum was more than 1/2 filled, glad I had it.

Back