Looking for info on a 12x36

I absolutely love my Enco. Does anyone know if all these lathes were V way lathes?

I absolutely love my Enco. Does anyone know if all these lathes were V way lathes?
What do you mean by "v way lathe"?

@pdentrem if you aren't makinga backing plate it doesn't matter, but I thought my spindle was imperial. it turns out it is metric diameter, with 8TPI thread pitch. You might want to check.

I did make 2 backing plates for mine. One for a collet chuck and the other for a 5” 3 J Bison chuck. No worries!
Pierre
BTW at work we have a 1997 Jet BDB1340A with the 1 1/2 pony power motor. It does not hold a candle to a real 2 hp motor. I have suggested switching it out in the past. It stalls on what mine calls lunch.

V way lathe. As far I have seen, they are all the same, except for the color of the paint.
IMG_9064.jpeg

What do you mean by "v way lathe"?

@pdentrem if you aren't makinga backing plate it doesn't matter, but I thought my spindle was imperial. it turns out it is metric diameter, with 8TPI thread pitch. You might want to check.
Yes, Your lathe spindle is 60mmx8 Threads per INCH. Why they made that oddball move? Who knows?

Back