It's gonna get cold!

That is just plain hot!!
That's Tarzan hot.
Yes, it is. Don't have to stay in the heat too long usually though. 4, 1100 bbl (34,100 gal) kettles with 2 boiling and the other 2 filling or emptying, with 2 lauter tuns above full of hot grain, heats a area up.
We had a contratcor crew installing piping near the ceiling - about 25 ft - and they asked how hot it was on the floor. So I put the thermometer out where they could see it. They told me they wish I hadn't done that, lol. They were working about 20 foot higer than the thermometer location.

We pay $.47 per kw-hr.
Since we have solar we get the highest rate. At least that's the way I understand it.
Pacific Gas & Electric is our monopoly.
Ouch! Ours went up about 25% this summer to pay for those that didn’t pay during covid, that increase is supposed to come off after 10 months. I’ll believe that when I see it. I have a solar salesman coming out tomorrow night to see if it makes sense. I was not interested in solar before, but the latest increase was the last straw for me.

I just looked at my power bill for August, which is always my highest of the year. my total bill including customer charge and state taxes comes out to $0.117 per KWH. electric cooperative.

Back