I think this is my next project car

Cadillac brake parts? Interesting. If you can I'd love to see the mounting brackets for those.

There was a receipt in the box with the car (thanks Tom for that, really helped me big time) and it was for brake caliper brackets from ebay. It specified seville calipers. I couldn't find anything s10 which I'm guessing it's what the rear end is out of that had disks. I don't think the rear is out of the caddy, it has leaf spring perches and they look factory and I'm assuming the cad would have coils in the rear. So I looked at the pics on the autozone site and ordered the calipers and pads. I'll know if they are the right ones later this week hopefully. The pads seem to be delayed for some reason.

Even though there was the receipt for the brackets the ones on the rear look factory to me.
20220802_072340.jpg20220802_072333.jpg20220802_072353.jpg20220802_072400.jpg20220802_072523.jpg

They almost look identical to 79-85 Cadillac Eldorado calipers.
caliper.jpg

I got the pads in today and the ones for a seville aren't the right ones, but I had to start somewhere. I found these a little while ago and ordered them.

https://www.autozone.com/brakes-and...iper/p/duralast-brake-caliper-c250/722850_0_0

They are for a 80 camaro and they look identical. I got them from autozone, but they don't have a listing for the rear pads pads at all. I did find pads at another site that look identical, but are a lot more than if I could get them from the zone.

https://www.camarocentral.com/67_81_Rear_Disc_Brake_Conversion_Brake_Pads_Set_p/brc-316.htm?CartID=1

I'm going to wait to order them until the calipers I ordered today come in. The first set of calipers haven't got here yet, when they do I'll take them back to the zone.

If these don't work I'll try the eldorado calipers.

I hate waiting for parts :bang head:

Last edited:
There ya go, burst my bubble will ya :bawling:
A rested driver is a safe driver, glad to hear the car finally made it to you.

Isn't this forum great, ask and ye shall receive :encourage:

:you suck:

Unless nobody else has said it......................

John

Yes I did receive for sure. I couldn't be happier about the car.

You are the second one that's given me the coveted "you suck" award on the car.

It is great here. On one tri 5 forum one guy asked how I found the car and he said he had been looking for love in all the wrong places with no luck. I told him is was from another machinist on a forum that I'm in. Said I guess he will will have to become a machinist to find love.

He didn't think that was very funny. Well.............I told him the truth where I found it.

Last edited:
Were the dice on hand or you just got lucky the interior is red as well!

Well I could lie and say I got lucky with the interior and it matched the dice, and it would make a great story, but no my wife ordered the red dice off ebay to match the interior :grin:

Last edited:
Back