I think this is my next project car

Christmas in August. Sniper EFI arrived today. I apparently got the ONLY one that is available anywhere right now. Got it directly from Holley It popped up on there website and a few minutes later it was mine, The matching fuel tank will be here on Monday. Putting all new fuel lines in. The stock ones are 67 years old and were never meant for 60 psi of pressure. I also have to run a return line unfortunately. Figure the tank was also the same age, so the new tank has the pump in the tank and a fuel baffle to keep the pickup covered. They even threw in a Holley Sniper shirt. Icing on the cake :)

I finally found the correct rear brake calipers. The rear looks like one out of a 80 camaro so I ordered a set of calipers for that. The caliper casting is the same, but the parking brake brackets are different, so I pulled the the brackets off the old ones, bead blasted them and put them on the new calipers. I also make up a set of braided steel lines.

I've got the left power window working now. Had to make a front track and to install the door jamb contacts had to pull the door off. Just couldn't get in there to drill the holes with the door still on the car. I hope to get the door on tomorrow and start on the right side.

I've been researching getting some new rear gears put in and that will cost me north of $1000. Presently has a 2.76 gear. I have a ford 9
3.70 center section and a trac lock posi around here somewhere. I can get a 9" housing and axle kit for $1080 shipped. I can also get a set of explorer rear disks for around $100. So about the same $$$ as putting news gears in the 10 bolt. But I may need to have the driveshaft shortened. for a few hundred more.

I'm definitely leaning towards the 9" Stronger and I can specify the width I want. But that may be down the road, I'll see how the 2.76's are for now. If I do go with the 9" I can sell the 10 bolt and get some money back.

I'm enjoying making the car mine. Little touches here and there. Keeps me busy and that's what I wanted.

Edit: My wife named the car "Christine". I'm not sure why though:p
sniper throttle body.jpgrear brake.jpg

Last edited:
More toys came in today. Quick Performance 9" housing.

Pick and pull is having a 50% off sale this weekend. Going to see if I can pick up a set of explorer rear disks.

Thinking about this. On sale this weekend.

new housing.jpg

Last edited:
Nice rear end there Dan. . . . I mean nice 9". . . . You know what I mean. :rolleyes:

I don't remember the set-up for the joke but the idea is a guy is getting a speeding ticket and he asks the cop "How did you determine my speed?".
The cop replied "I read it on your speedometer".

Darn those big digital readouts.

Oh man, stay old school and keep the speedo cluster that is in it. I had it totally rebuilt. Should work fine.

After looking more at the dash cluster, I think I don't like it.
I guess the heavy green arc is the Tach? That's the part I don't like. Too big (fat) and too bright compared to the important functions.
If the Tach had a thin line arc and numbers, OK. The Tach and speedo displays should have separate dimmer controls from the rest of the gages.

YMMV

After looking more at the dash cluster, I think I don't like it.
I guess the heavy green arc is the Tach? That's the part I don't like. Too big (fat) and too bright compared to the important functions.
If the Tach had a thin line arc and numbers, OK. The Tach and speedo displays should have separate dimmer controls from the rest of the gages.

YMMV
It comes in red also.

6a4159_a372074f439647489c07806bc4431fd4~mv2.pngScreenshot 2022-08-30 205441.jpg

It comes in red also.

Meh . . .

Maybe I don't understand what I'm seeing. Is it displaying 55 MPH or 5500 RPM?

If it's displaying RPM, then why is the "MPH" right under the "55". Dohh!

For those Buck$, I would want it to look very cool.

YMMV.

I see what you are saying now. Look under the 55mph readout and you see a "0". That's the tach readout. The wide band is MPH.

Last edited:
I see what you are saying now. Look under the 55mph readout and you see a "0". That's the tach readout. The wide band is MPH.

If that's correct, ask the manufacturer if you can turn off that huge ugly arc. If you can turn off the arc, it would be fine (as I understand your cruiser intent) with extropic. LOL It would look clean as a whistle without the arc. Small Tach digits are fine for your cruiser.

Back