Good source to buy metals for lathe projects

Thanks all, locally here most places are not intetested in smalls

Thanks all, locally here most places are not intetested in smalls
I have to drive an hour to get stuff. Locally there's nothing.

You probably need to expand the radius of your search. Otherwise, use eBay for smallish stuff. For somethings, believe it or not, McMaster is at the going rate, but you do have to shop around. The good thing about McMaster is they have fast delivery, one or two days. And you know what paid for is what you actually get.

How about this. There's a Yarde Metals in Mansfield MA. And one in Pelham, NH. Mansfield is pretty close to where you are. According to their main website they have a drop zone. 800-376-2011 is the number for Mansfield. I might call the location in Pelham, be good to have another (closer) source for materials.

I have to drive an hour to get stuff. Locally there's nothing.

You probably need to expand the radius of your search. Otherwise, use eBay for smallish stuff. For somethings, believe it or not, McMaster is at the going rate, but you do have to shop around. The good thing about McMaster is they have fast delivery, one or two days. And you know what paid for is what you actually get.

How about this. There's a Yarde Metals in Mansfield MA. And one in Pelham, NH. Mansfield is pretty close to where you are. According to their main website they have a drop zone. 800-376-2011 is the number for Mansfield. I might call the location in Pelham, be good to have another (closer) source for materials.
Yarde doesn’t allow pick ups of drop zone materials, they must be shipped. But, their shipping has been incredibly low on the orders I have placed that it would cost me more to drive there and pick it up. It was nice when they used their trucks to deliver to residential addresses, delivery cost nothing, but they don’t do that any longer.

It is all about perseverance. If you don't keep looking, you won't find what you are looking for.
I cast bullets and fishing weights from lead and scrounge like hell to reload.
Im sure I will find stuff
Although these days if I have to travel 2+ hours round trip I might as well have it shipped in or better be getting a decent haul.

or better be getting a decent haul.
That's the key. Last time I went to the steel yard, I came home with around 247 lbs of steel. That's really not a lot of steel, but since I qualified for the lowest rate for drops, (200 lbs +) it helped reduce the bill. My trip was 2+ hours for the commute, plus a 1/2 hour or so time poking around the drops area.

Back