Deep drilling

Hey Dave mmcmdl, when you have time will you look to see if you have the inserted deep drill bit? I need a 1.625 for a 9.5 deep hole, if not what brands do I look at?

A fishing bat is a multi purpose tool, it dispatches large, or small fish so they don't keep flopping on the deck which decreases their value. It is also used to break up 50lb bags of ice cubes that some times freeze somewhat solid, I used to take 15-21 50lb bag per trip, and have broken every managable type of bat except this one. I am now using a twist drill to get to final size.

A fishing bat is a multi purpose tool, it dispatches large, or small fish so they don't keep flopping on the deck which decreases their value. It is also used to break up 50lb bags of ice cubes that some times freeze somewhat solid, I used to take 15-21 50lb bag per trip, and have broken every managable type of bat except this one. I am now using a twist drill to get to final size.

Oh ok, makes sense

This is the new solution I will try incase someone searches this topic.

Correction, what the hell is a fishing bat?
in my case the answer to the 6' shark that we put on the deck that was hell bent on beating my boat apart and chomping down on anyone that got close.

:grin: you need one of these for that.

The leverage/load with that amount of stick out must be tremendous on the tailstock/MT connection. I would think one would want an intermediate support with that length drill or at least starting the hole with a shorter drill. Alternatively I would make the bat in two sections, use tubular stock instead and either weld or use thermal mechanical connection/Loctite slip connection. You can then do any final machining to size.

Back