Bridgeport Barn Find- Is it worth it?

I have had my eye on every auction mill from Seattle to Reno in the past 8 months. If my bid wins, I am already planning on heading up Thursday to pick it up. Any other PNWers please ignore this post!
Did you bid on the Bridgeports from the 3 day auction in Eugene? I was on a long distance drive yesterday, and couldn't follow the bidding. They don't show the winning bids.

Hope you got one - as you said, they are rare here. It's taken me 5-6 years to put together the wood shop and machine shop I've wanted.

It looks like everyone else had the same idea as me; it went for 4k.

I didn't see the one in Eugene. Can you say what auction service it went under? I think I have all the different auction houses listed on my rotation but there are always more to learn about.

Here is one local (3hrs) from me. Seems complete but with some of the same potential issues as the first mill i posted: https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...wse_serp:78f2b3af-828e-400a-af0c-5896419a108d

I think I have all the different auction houses listed on my rotation but there are always more to learn about.

These guys are out of Tacoma. I see a BP come up a couple times a year. They just liquidated a machine shop last month with two BPs and a Wells.:dunno:

Did you bid on the Bridgeports from the 3 day auction in Eugene? I was on a long distance drive yesterday, and couldn't follow the bidding. They don't show the winning bids.

Hope you got one - as you said, they are rare here. It's taken me 5-6 years to put together the wood shop and machine shop I've wanted.
Building the shop you want is a lifetime quest. I've been in the business since the 1980's and building my own shop since the 1990's. Over the years I've acquired a number of machines, but like any hobby you keep looking for that one machine that will make it complete. I still have a couple machines on the "would be nice to have" list, but I'm nearly out of room.

I didn't see the one in Eugene. Can you say what auction service it went under? I think I have all the different auction houses listed on my rotation but there are always more to learn about.

Here is one local (3hrs) from me. Seems complete but with some of the same potential issues as the first mill i posted: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/986724989250401/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp:78f2b3af-828e-400a-af0c-5896419a108d
That is a rough puppy, I wouldn't do it for that...

Here is one local (3hrs) from me. Seems complete but with some of the same potential issues as the first mill i posted: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/986724989250401/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp:78f2b3af-828e-400a-af0c-5896419a108d

The auction was by a company I can't remember, but get an account on bidspotter and keep a search on nearby areas. They are huge.
The downside of a commercial auction is that they will charge an 18% fee, plus there's restrictions on rigging.

This one is a bit high, but comes with a vise and VFD

Watch the auctioneer's rates - that can add significantly to the apparent cost. Some of them have gotten absurd and that has soured me on professional auctions.

GsT

Back