Yet another too good to be true sale on a dividing head.............

Another crazy one. This time, eBay even put an ads about it on Facebook! Please DON'T bid:

/itm/UPDATED-220V-4KW-5HP-VARIABLE-FREQUENCY-DRIVE-INVERTER-VFD-NEW-/401816584956

Methinks the horse is dead, sire. ;)

Tom

I saw this listing for the multifix tool post. I understand it's more than likely a scam but I did get a tracking number $9.99 eBay link .

With these scams or fake listings previously discussed did you guys get a tracking #? I bought two and figured at worst I'm out $20, though I plan to get a refund if it's too good to be true (which seems more than likely.)

I know vendors make mistakes and often will make good on their error. I got a complete set (of 11) B&S #9 collets from Amazon for $50. I had been watching the set for quite a while at the usual prices of between $135-170, but for whatever reason it dropped to $50. I figured it was an error and a single collet would arrive but lo and behold, a beautiful chinese set of B&S #9 collets! They've worked perfectly so far.

????? so ??????

I saw this listing for the multifix tool post. I understand it's more than likely a scam but I did get a tracking number $9.99 eBay link .
With these scams or fake listings previously discussed did you guys get a tracking #?

Yes, and the tracking will even show movement until it mysteriously arrives in the wrong state. But what the hey, eBay will make good if you don't get it, and if you do, BONUS!

They say you can only cheat a greedy man. You bidders know that nobody can sell these at these prices, so really, come on.

Now for a fact, I bought the dividing head with tailstock, plates, etc. for about $235, free shipping plus California tax. It came, and it's really beautiful - well made, a readable instruction manual, not covered in goo or swarf. And, that's still a pretty dang good price.

I agree that "if it's too good to be true then it probably isn't", no doubt. But, on rare occasion there's a "slip-up" and you can in fact be the beneficiary of said "slip-up", like my set of B&S #9 collets....

I'll go ahead and write this off as a "you should have known better" and now I'm out the time it'll take to get an ebay refund.

What a deal! Or… What? A deal? The ad lists Bell Machinery Ltd. as their Canadian distributor. Bell wants a mere $590 each for the "same" set. I assume those are Canadian dollars, approx. US$420 each. So you’re saving US$820 dollars, a 98% discount. You shoulda bought 3. :)

Tom

If you go to listing then scroll down their are other listing for larger size lathes and they are listed for 15.99. I wrote to the seller to ask if they extra tool holders. I wrote I would like 20 tool holders along with the listing above please let me know if you have listed on eBay because I would like to purchase all in one sale. I’ll update if I get a response. I did see one listing for a tool holder and it was 74.00 from a different seller. Will see if they respond? Never know China might be dropping prices to get some money? I hope so!

Back