Yet another too good to be true sale on a dividing head.............

I now get about 10% of china based purchases shipped from Canada. I emailed the seller and asked how they could afford this since the shipping is more than the cost of the item. They said they wanted to establish their brand.

You would think the scammers would play this a little smarter and go with a price more like 80% of a customary price. Take the orders, collect the PayPal payments, then close the bank account. Guys would still hit on $200 dividing heads.

Bruce

Doesn't the BS in the listing title tell it all.o_O All other comparables on the listing page are 225 and up that's clue two. SCAM!

Anyone besides me bother to report the item as fraudulent?

Yes, I reported also. Is that kind of busy-bodyish? Or a public service. I can’t decide.

People reporting the scams is the ONLY way that ebay can find them. Reporting is a public service. It takes a certain number of reports before they will shut it down.

People reporting the scams is the ONLY way that ebay can find them. Reporting is a public service. It takes a certain number of reports before they will shut it down.
Agreed, it takes quite a few reports/complaints before eBay feels obligated to act .
These scammers already know how to circumvent the negative reports, they open a few accounts under different names and as soon as one gets too hot to handle or on the verge of getting closed, they move on to another account.

Just pick any of these Chinese items, and do a search, then look at how many different sellers have the same photos, and copy.

The scammers also have computers set up to open and build up all of these accounts so that they are ready when needed. They do not even have to work at it.

Back