Yes or no on this milling machine?

Thanks, I'm going back over Wednesday to hopefully pick it up.

Short of setting up a piece and cutting, how would I ensure its not out of square on the cross feed? Also, what is the best way to lift & move the machine? I have a 43hp tractor with front end loader, but not sure how much it would weigh.

I don't think a 43 hp tractor is going to be enough to do much with the Induma in one piece.

You have to remember that a tractor loader is not a fork lift. If loader does’nt have automatic bucket- fork leveling it makes moving machines very stressful.
I unloaded a 1500 lb surface grinder yesterday. Very very stressful.
Also loader controls seem to have a all or nothing feel with a lot of weight on the forks
Thanks ron. I was using a 35 hp jd with a backhoe on back for weight be careful

If that's the 10X50 model, it should weigh between 3200 and 3500 lbs. We had the smaller model so it weighed in at around 2600 lbs.

How to lift/move a big knee mill?
We just moved my Sharp TMV. It's a full size knee mill. 3,300# 10X50 table.
There is a threaded hole in the ram for an eye bolt. Lower the knee all the way, Lock everything down (ram, table,lower the head, knee etc.)
If you can bolt the base to 4x4's and use a pallet jack or forklift, that is a great way to move them on smooth cement.
you can lift from the bottom of the ram, just add 2x4's to protect the surfaces.
be careful, go slow and easy.
LOTS of help on this forum.

Plan on 3000+ lbs and be very careful if you use forks. A co-worker recently dumped a nice Bridgeport on its face using forks. He slid the mill off of the forks and when it got to the tips they acted like springs and fliped the mill.

When I moved mine 10yrs ago I used 6 1” solid round bars about 100’ to a flatbed tow truck. Once to the bed he winched it up while I moved the bars up the incline of the bed. It was work but it WORKED. Reversed the process when to house moving pipes while bed was raised with winch controlling movement.
Only advice would be tilt the head keep the mass low. Think about all you’re moves go slow and foremost be safe it is dangerous and accidents unfortunately happen to some.

BTW never NEVER use the eye in the ram to lift the machine. I have heard this from multiple riggers. The eyebolt is for lifting the RAM up for maintenance on the head...

Best is to put it on plywood on a pallet jack. the wood acts as a friction surface. steel on steel is a real 'no-no'...

I have my new mill on 2X4s on my pallet jack right now.I can move it down a 20 degree angle safely that way.

If that's the 10X50 model, it should weigh between 3200 and 3500 lbs

I don't *think* its a 10x50, I don't remember the table being quite that big. Either way, moving it may be more of a job than I planned...may need to simply go ahead and look at possibly renting a forklift.

Back